Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have been looking for a good tasker for some time now. I came from ... Smartphone News forum

hawkins no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.

Advertisement

I have been looking for a good tasker for some time now. I came from Palm which had a nice to do program and couldn't find anything like it. I tried Task Master, Mara tick, Tasker, BB To do, To do Matrix, blah blah...nothing was coming close to what I wanted. I finally paid for Todo Matrix a few weeks ago and have been mostly happy.

Then I see this the other day and my jaw dropped. What tha???? This is the program I have been looking for. A simple app that shows all my tasks. It adds the appts to the calendar and leaves the tasks in my list. The GPS aspect is icing on top. It doesn't have an event alarm, that I can see, but it doesn't matter because I am in it daily and can see what is due in a nice clear, easy to understand format. The colors are fine for me. I use the Classic and it is great. The only thing that I don't like is that the appts are added as all day events, which is not a problem I just open it in calendar and change it.

I have had it for a few days and am LOVING it. Thank you so much.
    Sorry if I'm just raving but I just so happy.

JakeHasABB no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm getting calendar dates showing up wrong in the app. My brother birthday shows up a day early. I also find the preceding "..." on the details unnecessary.

and a question: Are the advertisements that show up when i close it going to cost me since I don't have a data plan?

John_S no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerjoe View Post
    I have been running this for about 5 days now. I got it when it was first posted here.
    <snipped url>

And overall I think it is a great program. I had a little trouble getting the GPS to work. But I got to hand it to the guys at Gwiz they got right back to me and a lot of it was user error on my behalf. I am still not getting GPS alerts like I hoped I would. But even without it, its nice to have everything in one central location.

For the guys at Gwiz, I saw in a post there is a updated version. Do I need to delete the version I have now then upgrade or will it just overwrite it? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thank you for working with us on our latest application. We welcome feedback on desirable features, documentation quality, site navigation, ... so please keep providing great input.

Getting GPS alerts to work the first time is a little counterintuitive. Use "Edit Locations..." and select "New" to create a new location (with GPS, Street Address/Contact). Then create a new task and associate the location with the task using "Alert Near". The new location will be available in the menu list to select.

Yes, you can install the new version without deleting the old one first.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeHasABB View Post
    I'm getting calendar dates showing up wrong in the app. My brother birthday shows up a day early. I also find the preceding "..." on the details unnecessary.

and a question: Are the advertisements that show up when i close it going to cost me since I don't have a data plan?
    Thanks for the feedback. If you get a chance, please provide a little more detail on the calendar dates issue. Approximately how far into the future is the appointment, what hour of the day does it start, and when was it established. You can post that here or send it to our info@gwhizmobile.com mailbox.

The application is free and sponsored by advertising. If you do not have a data plan or active wifi connection you will see only a gWhiz logo. If you do have an active wireless connection you will see small banner ads hosted on the internet. In any case, check with your service provider plan to see what charges may apply.

Quote Originally Posted by jmstr View Post
    Your software looks good. Thanks. I get a crash with the Java "Uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalargumentexception" when pressing "t" when the cursor is at the the day/date level. Happens every time. My BB is 8703e.

Edit: Oh the version is 7.1. Will try the latest.

Edit: Tried 0.7.3 and hickup still there.
    Thank you again for the feedback. We posted an update 0.7.4 to m.gwhizmobile.com today that fixes the "t" problem quoted above. If you get to the final "Download" pop-up button and do not see 0.7.4, please do a "Refresh" on that page and you will see 0.7.4.

Thanks!

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    i didnt like it, it needs a calander view
    phatman the phat stacker!

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    I'm really pullin' for this app - especially if it can integrate with google maps.

However, I'm still showing 7.1
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

skicson no está en línea Developer
    make sure that on the download page, where the button is, that you do the refresh on that page.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_man33 View Post
    I'm really pullin' for this app - especially if it can integrate with google maps.

However, I'm still showing 7.1

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    I m not able to download app....
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

JakeHasABB no está en línea Stack level 2
    I would love to use this program after it is finalized but the advertisements afterwards are a serious downer since I have no data plan, it will cost me money each time I open/close the app. I really like the integration with tasks as well as the calendar and I regret not being able to use it.

And John_S, the date was set using the contact list, showing as an all-day event and reoccurring yearly. I checked my calendar and it showed up the 21st, but in the app it showed as the 20th.

Great app, but I can't afford data :P

MrDavv no está en línea Stack level 2
    I would love to use this program after it is finalized but the advertisements afterwards are a serious downer since I have no data plan, it will cost me money each time I open/close the app.
    There are two options you can try to restrict your data usage:

1) turn off your data. If you have no data plan or no email only plan and get charged a fortune per KB, go into Options -> Mobile Network and change Data Services to off. Voice and text messaging will still work.

2) turn on your BB firewall and do not allow your desired application to access the Internet. Have it prompt when an application tries to connect and then deny that request. It will remember it from then on. Options -> Security Options -> Firewall ; Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight desired application ; click menu options key and Edit Permissions.

Now your great application won't cost you an arm or leg for the unwanted data.

Remember that the BB is built from the ground up with security in mind. Security is not an add-on to satisfy corporate/government demands.

skicson no está en línea Developer
    The date issue was fixed in version 0.7.4 which was put on the website yesterday. If you install over a previous version, then you'll need to modify the calendar entry (like add a space) to get it to reimport it. If you just uninstall the app prior to reinstall it should work without any trouble.

I would love to use this program after it is finalized but the advertisements afterwards are a serious downer since I have no data plan, it will cost me money each time I open/close the app. I really like the integration with tasks as well as the calendar and I regret not being able to use it.

And John_S, the date was set using the contact list, showing as an all-day event and reoccurring yearly. I checked my calendar and it showed up the 21st, but in the app it showed as the 20th.

moronga no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I downloaded the app to give it a try a few days ago, yesterday I decided that it wasn't for me and tried to delete it. I haven't been able to, I tried going to options, advanced options, applications...the way I normally delete my apps I no longer want & it wasn't listed there.

So then I went to modules and I saw the got 2 whiz module there, but no delete option, what should I do?? somebody please help? this is getting frustrating. I have a blackberry 8330. Thanks!

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    I like this app, its like an upgrade to the native task app. I havent had any problems yet. I have a 8320 so i dont use the gps part. But it would be great if it could work with the triangulation technology to find my location for us none GPS berry users.

Quote Originally Posted by moronga View Post
    I downloaded the app to give it a try a few days ago, yesterday I decided that it wasn't for me and tried to delete it. I haven't been able to, I tried going to options, advanced options, applications...the way I normally delete my apps I no longer want & it wasn't listed there.

So then I went to modules and I saw the got 2 whiz module there, but no delete option, what should I do?? somebody please help? this is getting frustrating. I have a blackberry 8330. Thanks!
    Please send an email to info@gwhizmobile.com and let us know if this is still a problem, we have not had any other reports of this issue. You could try reinstalling on top of the old version and deleting the new. In any case, please send or post the got-2 version and your OS level. Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast