MobileMax has today launched the GVdialer ( www.gvdialer.com ) - The first mobile application for ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

GVdialer Application for Google Voice Released

Advertisement

MobileMax has today launched the GVdialer (www.gvdialer.com) - The first mobile application for Google Voice supporting iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Mobile and Nokia Symbian mobile phones.

The new GVdialer application enables users to make calls using their Google Voice account directly from their mobile phone's native contacts, call log and keypad.
    Users can download the application to their mobile phones from the www.GVdialer.com website or from the iTunes app store, and enjoy many great features such as:

• One number – Present the Google number as the Caller ID on outgoing mobile calls and keep the mobile number private.
    • Simple calling - Dial directly from the phone's contacts, speed dial, call log or keypad, and GVdialer automatically connects the call using Google Voice.
    • Cost saving - Set the Google Number as a favorite number on the mobile plan and stop paying for local and national long distance calls. Take advantage of Google’s low rates for international calls.
    • Google Voice access – get instant access to Google Voice features like Voice mail, Inbox, GOOG-411
    • Customizable – GVdialer gives the user the flexibility to configure when GV will be used – e.g., all calls, international calls, or decide on each and every call.

Users can either download the free trial version of GVdialer or the full paid version. The free trial version is limited for 30 days and includes all the features of the paid version. The full paid version has a one time fee of $9.99 and includes all future versions and features. iPhone users can purchase the GVdialer paid version for only $2.99 from Apple App Store which includes future version updates.

The GVdialer application is already working on hundreds of phone models and new models are being added on weekly basis. Additional Google Voice features are expected to be added to the current version in a few weeks so users will have even more benefit by using the GVdialer.
    More at: www.gvdialer.com

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme
    I've been waiting for this for awhile to come out.
    I try to use my Google Voice as much as possible but have always been a bit impatient even having a bookmark set for the site.
    This is really handy.
    I see Hayden posted this 3 hours ago, and no replies? WTH? I know a bunch of us stackers have a GV number and this does work.
    It did confuse me at first because when I dialed somebody it sttarted to dial and then hung up. Then a screen popped up and it dialed again from GV.
    Everything seemsd to work good with it. I haven't had a chance to try a 3 way call with it yet though, either incoming or outgoing.
    It's well worth 10 bucks!!
    THANKS HAYDEN!!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Donwload not working!

Attempting to download this app to my BB doest work! Going to www.gvdialer.com/m yields a 404 Error. Trying to access it from my browser also doent work. I emailed their support group, however the link is still dead......

PIN/ID
    askme
    Wish I could just give you the link they sent me but it's set for my line.
    Wish you luck. It does work good. Takes about an extra 10 seconds to make a call but for it to be free I'd wait 30.
    The only thing that doesn't work is the 3 way calling but that's blocked thru Google. Everything else works great!!

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Just downloaded it. It works just fine. It does take a little longer to connect the call, but it's not too bad.

PIN/ID
    askme
    Now all they need to do is incorperate the sms text into this.
    Then I would never give out my cell phone number. Lol

I don't like giving my cell number out because I don't want sms texts.

PIN/ID
    askme
    I on the other hand would rather text. If I get a text I'll answer it when I can. If I get a call I'm expected to answer it.
    Have you ever tried to have a conversation with a teenager face to face? Try to talk thru a text and you would be surprised how much easier it is for them. They feel safe behind that phone. And that's just the change of the times.
    This is just based on my experience. But I suggest all adults just try it.
    Sorry got a little off topic there. Lol

I've been using it today. It seems to do the job, although I've had a few dropped calls. I'm sure that's an issue GV and not the app. I hope that's not an ongoing issue.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    So can u receive calls as well as make them?

Yes you can. You don't need this app to receive calls. Just add what ever number you want your calls forwarded to on the GV site.

I had it on my 8900. I liked it but had to do way too many battery pulls. I had to delete it. I like the concept, but the app didn't work.

PIN/ID
    askme
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    I had it on my 8900. I liked it but had to do way too many battery pulls. I had to delete it. I like the concept, but the app didn't work.
    I'm running 168 software and haven't had to do a battery pull yet. Maybe it's something else that's running? I'm with T-Mobile and have this set to dial all calls with the Dialer. Haven't had a dropped call yet. I must be lucky.

Let's just say, something was happening with it where it was not allowing me to make ANY out going calls. Not a good situation for emergencies. I had to delete it.

I just received an email they are updating the app. I'll give it another try.