Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GrandCentral Free invite thread! GrandCentral is an innovative service that lets users integrate all of ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

GrandCentral's phone-management system reserve your number!

Advertisement

GrandCentral is an innovative service that lets users integrate all of their existing phone numbers and voice mailboxes into one account, which can be accessed from the web. We think GrandCentral's technology fits well into Google's efforts to provide services that enhance the collaborative exchange of information between our users.

GrandCentral offers many features that complement the phone services you already use. If you have multiple phone numbers (e.g., home, work, cell), you get one phone number that you can set to ring all, some, or none of your phones, based on who's calling. This way, your phone number is tied to you, and not your location or job. The service also gives you one central voice mailbox. You can listen to your voicemails online or from any phone, forward them to anybody, add the caller to your address book, block a caller as spam, and a lot more. You can even listen in on voicemail messages from your phone while they are being recorded, or switch a call from your cell phone to your desk phone and back again. All in all, you'll have a lot more control over your phones.

Background

Q: What is GrandCentral?
    A: Based in Fremont, California, GrandCentral provides an innovative web-based voice communications platform that helps you manage all your phones and phone numbers through one simple interface. You get a single phone number that forwards to all of your phones, giving you one number for life.

Q: Why did Google acquire GrandCentral?
    A: Google acquired GrandCentral because its communications services fit into Google's mission to organize the world's information and to provide services and features that enhance the collaborative exchange of information between our users.

Q. What are the terms of the acquisition? How much did Google pay?
    A. The terms of the acquisition are confidential and the deal is officially closed.

Q: What are Google's plans for GrandCentral?
    A: While Google will continue to beta test the GrandCentral service and support all existing customers, there are no specific product plans to discuss at this time.

GrandCentral Users

Q: Will Google continue to support GrandCentral customers?
    A: GrandCentral will remain operational as will the site while we integrate with Google. Google will continue to support uninterrupted service for all current GrandCentral customers.

Q: Can I still sign up for a new GrandCentral account?
    A: A limited number of users will be able to sign up for an invitation to participate in continued beta-testing of the service. You can request an invitation here.

Q: GrandCentral users have been able to upload sound files for their own ring back tones. Will this feature continue to be offered?
    A. GrandCentral users will be able to choose from a selection of licensed sound files made available within the GrandCentral service, but will not be able to upload their own files.

More: http://www.grandcentral.com

mdspriggs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: GrandCentral's phone-management system reserve your number!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for the info. I used a service similar to this called OneBox. They seem to be more diversified because the also offer a personal service and one that is similar to a PBX phone system. This type of system worked perfectly for what I needed it for.

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have a question. When you get this GC number, is that what contacts have to use to reach you on your cell? Or do they call your cell number and it gets routed through the GC number to use the features?

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    N!CE article, Hayden.
    Thx 4 staying on top of thing's.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23

I have a question. When you get this GC number, is that what contacts have to use to reach you on your cell? Or do they call your cell number and it gets routed through the GC number to use the features?
    This is kinda like a mask. You give it to pps, u really don't wan't to give ur real number too. It will work on ALL of ur phones too. (Home, Work, Cell)

You give them ur GC number and it will ring on ur cell and home phone or where ever u program it to ring...via pc
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I signed up w/ this a few weeks ago when I heard about it - I carry 2 phones, my BB for work and my personal cell phone so I thought this would be idea.. The only problem I have is that when you make an outbound call it still shows the cellular provided number of the device you are calling from - not the 'shared' GC number.. so for people who just look through their call logs and call you back based on that it'll still go direct to your phone. (and confuse some people because you give them one number, and then you're essentially calling them on a separate number).

If they can come up with a way to mask your real Cellular provided number with the one they give you it would be perfect!

Anyway.. I have a few invites - if you need one just PM me with your first and last name and email address (its required for the invites)..
    Last edited by hls811; 07-18-2007 at 05:55 PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

tj2311111 Guest

Does the visual email part work just for the GC provided number or also your cell number?

tj2311111 Guest

Sorry I mean visual voicemail.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23

Does the visual email part work just for the GC provided number or also your cell number?
    It just works w/ the calls that come in through the GC provided number..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    I signed up w/ this a few weeks ago when I heard about it - I carry 2 phones, my BB for work and my personal cell phone so I thought this would be idea.. The only problem I have is that when you make an outbound call it still shows the cellular provided number of the device you are calling from - not the 'shared' GC number.. so for people who just look through their call logs and call you back based on that it'll still go direct to your phone. (and confuse some people because you give them one number, and then you're essentially calling them on a separate number).

If they can come up with a way to mask your real Cellular provided number with the one they give you it would be perfect!

Anyway.. I have a few invites - if you need one just PM me with your first and last name and email address (its required for the invites)..
    OK, hit the phone key, then menu, then scroll down to general options, scroll down to "Show my number", click and change to NO. Don't forget to change it back.
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

I'd like to try this out

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by bafil

I'd like to try this out
    I have some invites if you need one.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by bafil

I'd like to try this out
    Sent. Enjoy.

kermalou no está en línea Stack level 2

can i get one too?

GlobalBB no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider
    OK, hit the phone key, then menu, then scroll down to general options, scroll down to "Show my number", click and change to NO. Don't forget to change it back.
    do you have any invites left by any chance?

Shaun
    Leech

sleech@globalblackberry.com

Thanks,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast