GotVoice converts your BlackBerry, home and work voicemail to text and sends it to your ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

GotVoice Launches Transcription Services for BlackBerry

Advertisement

GotVoice converts your BlackBerry, home and work voicemail to text and sends it to your phone and email. You can try it free for 14 days.
    • Read your voicemail on your phone or in email
    • Filter by contacts – so only important messages get transcribed
    • Voicemail also delivered in email as MP3 attachments
    • Listen from anywhere in the world (on GotVoice.com)
    • Save voicemails forever; easily forward as MP3 or text
    • Also includes Visual Voicemail, Broadcast Calling, Silent Calling and more
    GotVoice, Inc., the voice messaging company, today announced it has joined the BlackBerry® Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Alliance Program, to further its service offering for BlackBerry® smartphones from Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM) (TSX: RIM). Through the program, GotVoice will work directly with RIM to integrate its services with BlackBerry smartphones and create new capabilities that increase mobility and efficiencies for customers.

GotVoice services support the leading U.S.-based carriers including: Verizon, Sprint/Nextel, AT&T Wireless (formerly Cingular), T-Mobile and Alltel. Leveraging GotVoice's patent-pending voice messaging services for mobile, business and home phones, BlackBerry smartphone users can receive their carrier voicemail messages as an email with an MP3 attachment* or through GotVoice's Visual Voicemail interface, which integrates within the BlackBerry phone application for easy management of voicemail*. GotVoice voicemail to text service is also now available for BlackBerry smartphone users, providing another option for customers seeking a converged messaging solution.

"My BlackBerry smartphone has always enabled me to communicate faster and more efficiently," said James Gallagher, VP Sales and Sales Operations, Earth Class Mail Corporation. "By adding GotVoice services, I can now quickly scan my voice messages on my BlackBerry smartphone -- enabling me to read my voicemails at a glance."

"GotVoice recognizes RIM as an industry leader in providing platforms and solutions for seamless access to time-sensitive information," said Curt Blake, CEO of GotVoice, Inc. "As a member of the BlackBerry ISV Alliance Program, GotVoice is committed to helping customers access information and communicate faster, easier and more efficiently, and to get more out of the BlackBerry smartphone."

"Through the BlackBerry ISV Alliance Program, we are able to work with our partners to continuously enhance the customer experience," said Jeff McDowell, Vice President, Global Alliances, Research In Motion. "With GotVoice services, BlackBerry customers can better manage their voicemail, helping them to stay connected and productive in both their personal and professional lives."
    To register for GotVoice, or for more information on the company's mobile services, please visit www.gotvoice.com.

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: GotVoice Launches Transcription Services for BlackBerry

Hmmm sounds like i gotta try this out

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Hope this works better than simul scribe!!

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think i'll give it a spin. I'll give feedback in a few days.

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Does it have a homescreen launcher icon to use the visual voicemail portion or do you always have to go through the browser?Is the visual voicemail part free without using the other features? And how is it different from the simulsays App? That's what I want to know. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ebanga
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think i'll give it a spin. I'll give feedback in a few days.
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, once you've used it for a few days.

Keep us posted... inquiring minds want to know!

fletchdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c42031

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I use and like callwave. It works by transcribing voice mail into email and attaches an audio file along.

Cons: no interface for the mobile.

Pros: the email contains caller ID information, along with the general location of the number or the address ifs its a registered landline.

*** its free!!!