Ask

Advertisement

Awesome post MStrawder!!
    "Give me ambiguity or give me something else!"

T-Mobile 9700 | OS 6.0.0.344

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    What you're doing there is telling Google that when you receive an SMS message to your Google number to send it to that phone. You will still be charged for incoming by your carrier, unless you have a messaging bundle, but it would then still count against your message limit. I was saying to uncheck that option to avoid getting duplicate notifications and to avoid charges.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Semajames no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry for the late reply [FONT=Verdana]MStrawder[/FONT]. I'm doing this for an iPhone...

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Semajames View Post
    Sorry for the late reply [/SIZE]MStrawderI'm doing this for an iPhone...
    Ok, let's find out if the script is working for you. Do as I suggested to the other user as far as getting your instance of Firefox open with Google Voice. Next, call your Google Voice number, but don't answer it. Let it go to voicemail, say something, and hangup. Now wait a moment or two and watch just above your system tray icons for a pop-up from Growl saying new inbox item. If you're getting this, then everything is setup fine with the script talking to Growl. If that's the case, we need to troubleshoot the notifications from Growl.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yeah. It makes sense.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Semajames no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeah the notification popped up in the sys. tray but still no email (i forgot.. i'm trying to forward the notification to my email not to an app on my iphone. i just wanna read that i have an sms in my email.)
    Last edited by Semajames; 08-11-2009 at 10:31 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    The iPhone doesn't have that push capability yet, so you'll need to use Prowl to grab them for you.
    How to upgrade your OS

rashawty no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've followed the set up step by step by i'm still not recieving emails. I do get the growl notifications popping up on my computer so as far as i can figure that part is set up correctly. I've tried different things with the growl settings to no avail, anybody have any ideas?

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Welcome to PinStack. Are you setting this up for an iPhone or other device?
    How to upgrade your OS

rashawty no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Welcome to PinStack. Are you setting this up for an iPhone or other device?
    Yea i'm setting it up for the iphone. I figured i'd just forward it to my email set up a seperate email account just for the text notification and that way i can get real time updates about text.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm not sure now with the push capabilities from 3.0, but the instructions here were designed for use on the iPhone using Growl to send the message and Prowl to retrieve it. Going to update this thread with info from the new push feature.
    How to upgrade your OS

haninaguib no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi guys,

I have setup a system at gvmax.com that lets you get your Google Voice SMSs sent to your email and/or to your iPhone via Prowl. It is supposed to make the process easier (although unfortunately currently you will need to supply your GV credentials). It is more for people that don't have the know how, don't want to keep a machine running 24hrs/day or just don't have the time to setup it all up.

It is currently very much in beta stage but barring any unexpected bugs it should do the job.

I will be releasing a standalone opensource version in the future for those that want to run it on their own servers.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by haninaguib View Post
    Hi guys,

I have setup a system at gvmax.com that lets you get your Google Voice SMSs sent to your email and/or to your iPhone via Prowl. It is supposed to make the process easier (although unfortunately currently you will need to supply your GV credentials). It is more for people that don't have the know how, don't want to keep a machine running 24hrs/day or just don't have the time to setup it all up.

It is currently very much in beta stage but barring any unexpected bugs it should do the job.

I will be releasing a standalone opensource version in the future for those that want to run it on their own servers.
    Very nice. Any iPhone users here wanna try this out and report back to us?
    How to upgrade your OS

postoffice no está en línea Stack level 1

email not forwarding

I setup everything as shown in the OP, but i am not getting email notifications. Growl is poping up the new alerts in the bottom right on my PC, but nothing so far to show up in email.

A screenshot of how the email setup dialog would be REALLY helpful.

I entered my email, ticked 'use authentication' and 'ssl' port 995, smtp.gmail.com and my login/pass. I AM NOT GETTING EMAIL notify, does anyone know why? Does it matter that my google voice and email are on the same gmail account?

A little help would be nice

PIN/ID
    Ask
    You're sending an email from GMail to GMail if I'm understanding correctly and creating a loop. I have mine setup to use my ISP email to send the mail to my GMail account, as I'm pretty sure the way I'm understanding you have it setup, would not work. At least, it didn't when I originally tried it just for fun.
    How to upgrade your OS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12