Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

via the Google Voice Blog : "Google Voice is all about enabling choice: which phone ... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Google Voice Receives New Features

Advertisement

via the Google Voice Blog: "Google Voice is all about enabling choice: which phone you pick up your calls on, where to review your voicemail messages, how to send and reply to text messages, etc. So when it comes to your phone number, it was logical for us to also offer a choice of which number to use with Google Voice.

Previously, when you created a Google Voice account, we asked you to select a new Google phone number. This allowed us to offer features like call forwarding, screening, and recording. But we know not everyone wants to start using a new phone number, so we've been working on another option for people who are willing to trade some features for the ability to keep their existing number.

More specifically, if you sign up for Google Voice with your existing number, you'll get:

• Online, searchable voicemail
    • Free automated voicemail transcription
    • Custom voicemail greetings for different callers
    • Email and SMS notifications
    • Low-priced international calling

If you decide to also get a new Google number, you'll get all of the above PLUS:
    • One number that reaches you on all your phones
    • SMS via email
    • Call screening
    • Listen In
    • Call recording
    • Conference calling
    • Call blocking

Check out the full details and a demo video here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Now the only thing I'm missing is the App. (sigh.......)

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Now the only thing I'm missing is the App. (sigh.......)
    LOL. Don't worry, you have the iPhone, there's an app for tha...Oh wait, nevermind.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    LOL. Don't worry, you have the iPhone, there's an app for tha...Oh wait, nevermind.
    ROFL classic.

Well at least Google made a very nice iPhone geared mobile website for GV.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hahahaha, it's one of 2009's funniest iPhone debacles. I still say it's coming back and I'm patient.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone tried to activate this feature on their BB? When you go to your google voice settings it asks you to call a number such as this *004*123456678#. However, the BB won't allow you to enter the second * or the last #!!!!! Am I missing something?

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    Has anyone tried to activate this feature on their BB? When you go to your google voice settings it asks you to call a number such as this *004*123456678#. However, the BB won't allow you to enter the second * or the last #!!!!! Am I missing something?
    Haven't been able to try it myself. At work at the moment and wireless devices here are a big no-no. Going to try as soon as I get home.

Update: Did it on my end. Are you pressing the Alt key or the SHIFT key when entering the characters? You have to press the SHIFT key in order to input the characters.
    Last edited by MStrawder; 10-27-2009 at 06:09 PM.
    How to upgrade your OS

Akash1NY no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm using the Blackberry app now. Switched over from my Youmail and loving this on my BB 8900.

Akash1NY no está en línea Stack level 1
    And I had no issue entering * or # characters. Best part of Google Voice app is watching it highlight the words of transcrpted VM as it plays message for you. Kinda cool.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    So what if you've already gotten a new number? Can you switch to use your existing number?

Quote Originally Posted by Akash1NY View Post
    I'm using the Blackberry app now. Switched over from my Youmail and loving this on my BB 8900.
    I use YouMail. How does this new feature compare?

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I use YouMail. How does this new feature compare?
    I use to use YouMail too. Compared, Google Voice is way better. YouMail now (didn't before) offers many of the same features as Google Voice however Google Voice is completely free and no limits for anything.

^^^ Thanks for the info! Any idea on my question as to what I do about utilizing my current number instead of the one assigned by GV?

Looks like I can use both numbers now.....never mind!

mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    I use to use YouMail too. Compared, Google Voice is way better. YouMail now (didn't before) offers many of the same features as Google Voice however Google Voice is completely free and no limits for anything.
    So does this have some of the same features as Youmail, such as a variety of greetings to pick from or something like the "smart gteeting"? I know the people that call me are always blown away with the smart greeting on Youmail...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast