Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I got the invite too, but I think so far it is for US market ... Smartphone News forum

adils no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I got the invite too, but I think so far it is for US market only ..
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by adils View Post
    I got the invite too, but I think so far it is for US market only ..
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Were you a member of GrandCentral already, or did you signup for GV and then get the invite?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    Ask
    So did anyone get an invite that was NOT already a member of GrandCentral?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I did (on another gmail account), and I already had one number through grandcentral. I have 3 friends who did, my friend's wife did, 2 of my coworkers did.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Wonder what the criteria is then for the invite. Like I said before, I signed up, but that was over a week ago and haven't received anything as of yet.
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    N/A
    I signed up back 3 months ago...

Two interesting patterns I am noticing -- 1.) people who signed up a long time ago (like myself)
    2.) people who JUST opened new google accounts and requested an invite -- those usually take 3-4 weeks.

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    There is one very large bug in the application: when you initialize a call, it uses a 3rd number to make it, which is NOT your google number. Thus, if you use faves5 with Tmobile, it doesn't help. The reason this is a bug, is because through the web, this functionality works correctly. You get the incoming call from your google number and it bridges with the number you are calling.

I think this is more of a deficiency than a bug per se. The Google Voice official app uses one routing number to call in, and another to call out. Plus some folks say the numbers change, which would render the app useless for MyFaves calls.

Another reason why I prefer GVDialer to the Google Voice BB app, despite the price tag.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Finally got my invite today. Only took me about 2-3 weeks and so far it seems great. I don't have a messaging bundle as most of the time I can use BBM (most people I know have BB's), but on the occasion I do use SMS, this app is nice. Rather then getting charged for the incoming and outgoing, I only get the incoming. Won't save me a fortune, but it adds up.
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre Lawrence View Post
    I think this is more of a deficiency than a bug per se. The Google Voice official app uses one routing number to call in, and another to call out. Plus some folks say the numbers change, which would render the app useless for MyFaves calls.

Another reason why I prefer GVDialer to the Google Voice BB app, despite the price tag.
    BUt this is what I don't understand -- i can just dial my google # and make a call from there, or start my web browser and start a call. This is why I call this app busted (google voice).

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I finally received my Google Voice invite. It took a week If i recall correctly. I didn't have grandcentral before. It seems to work fine from what I have tried this far but I don't totally understand how this is going work?

I can see if I hand out my GV number my phone rings
    I can see if I dial a phone number from the computer my phone rings then connects to the person I phoned from the computer
    I can sms from the computer
    I can read VM hear VM on the computer

What else am I missing? Keep in mind I don't have the GV App on a cell. As everyone knows that's not going to happen while people fight over "right and wrong". So without the App this seems pointless unless others can shed some light for me?

TIA

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    srl, I think one of the big features of GV is that you can list every phone number you have, or want to, and when someone calls your special number all of 'em will ring! I have to admit that that feature doesn't appeal to me that much - I don't see the point unless you're in some type of emergency situation and HAVE to be available everywhere all the time. I got my GV invitation a while back and I can't figure out why I'd want to use it.

Outgoing SMS msgs are supposed to be free - I don't have a text plan so I guess that would save me half of the 20 cents/msg that I pay but I don't text that much. ??????
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    One really useful feature would be the abbility to forward calls to a local SIM or telephone when overseas, but I am not sure that it allows that yet
    It would save the need of giving out new numbers to everyone
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    One really useful feature would be the abbility to forward calls to a local SIM or telephone when overseas, but I am not sure that it allows that yet
    It would save the need of giving out new numbers to everyone
    I'm fairly sure we're not into foreign numbers yet - maybe in the future that can be worked out.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    That would definitely be awesome!
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    With the VOIP it would also reduce costs. Just have to work out a payment (Paypal, credit card?) Have a similar system to SKYPE world calling. I would pay for it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast