Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Google Voice , the universal voice mailbox and call-routing service that Google rolled out in ... Smartphone News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Google Voice Goes Mobile

Advertisement

Google Voice, the universal voice mailbox and call-routing service that Google rolled out in March, has always been accessible from mobile phones. Users dialed their Google Voice number and could access their voice mail or hit a button and be prompted to make a call.
    But it was clunky, especially for placing calls. For example, users had to type in numbers they wanted to call, rather than accessing them directly from their address books.
    Now Google is unveiling a mobile application that will address these kinds of problems. The app, which is only available for BlackBerrys and Android phones..... (read more)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Been checking the Market on my G1, App hasn't popped up yet.
    -Tim

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    This is AWESOME news...I am really looking forward to this!
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

Blackberry download: http://m.google.com/voice
    -Tim

This one works great (so far) IMO! Either I speak distinctly (no better than the average person) or this ap recognizes words VERY well! (the latter)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Google extended an invite to me a few days ago and I accepted with an area code number in the San Diego area (lived there many years prior to emigrating to UT) and am still playing with it.....I like it so far.....but need to explore more of the options.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I set up my account this morning, downloaded the BB app, so far I like it pretty good. I'm always anxious to try out new Google products...
    -Josh

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    So how does this compare to YouMail and other such applications?

Mr. Belleza no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Thanks for the heads-up! This comes at a very convenient time for me as I was just recently sent an invitation for Google Voice a couple of days ago.

I posted this question in the Forums yesterday, but, does anyone know for sure if sending AND receiving SMS text messages via Google Voice is FREE whilst using it through your phones web browser?

olduwan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Belleza View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up! This comes at a very convenient time for me as I was just recently sent an invitation for Google Voice a couple of days ago.

I posted this question in the Forums yesterday, but, does anyone know for sure if sending AND receiving SMS text messages via Google Voice is FREE whilst using it through your phones web browser?
    http://web500.us/how-to-use-google-v...eive-free-sms/

SMS sent from Google voice is from 1-406-xxx-xxxx. Reply to the SMS sent from Google voice will send to your google voice inbox and also copy to your cell phone. Your cell phone may charge the messages receive. To avoid this charge, you have to delete your cell phone number from your settings. If you want to read the reply on your cell phone then you need to keep your cell phone number in Google Voice settings.

calyx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e17df5
    Anyone know how long it typically takes to get an invite? I've signed up, just wondering if I shouldn't expect one for days or weeks or whatnot.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Don't need an invite.....just download here from your device: http://m.google.com/voice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Belleza View Post

I don't know for sure but I think (true) SMS, as opposed to IM-type msgs, in whatever form it takes gets charged to your plan.

If the messages are forwarded to your phone, it will count as 1 SMS on your bill. If you only view them online (in the browser) you should not be charged.

I'm currently using the application on my G1 and it isn't too shabby at all.
    -Tim

Moe2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Don't need an invite.....just download here from your device: http://m.google.com/voice
    Not true. You do need an invite, because without an account the app is useless.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast