Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

By that time Apple may reveal the Next Super iPhone and still rule. Lol. Originally ... Smartphone News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

By that time Apple may reveal the Next Super iPhone and still rule. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Yeah right! By that time, Android "super phones " will rule. LOL
    All the videos really show how powerful the Motorola Droid is. To have all that extra processor, its not that much faster, and the Droid does all the same things!

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would need a keyboard to leave my Blackberry. My brother uses the G1 and he is disappointed is doesn't have keybord option as well. Other than that - nice looking phone!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    For those making the jump or purchasing the phone be sure to purchase a car charger or extra charger or even battery. Those who have been lucky enough to use it have been reporting the battery won't last a day with heavy use.

No doubt, my Droid won't last a day either
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

?? The G1 has a keyboard. But yes, the N1 doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by miltw3 View Post
    I would need a keyboard to leave my Blackberry. My brother uses the G1 and he is disappointed is doesn't have keybord option as well. Other than that - nice looking phone!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    There's another Android Motorola rumored in the works called the Shadow. No keyboard.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/31/p...iwanese-forum/

I'm betting VZ will get this as well

Maybe, I'm still quite enamored with my current Droid, but I know I will be jonesing for something new within 6 months, always do lol.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Me too. 6 months is my average.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Haha. Me too! What's wrong with us? I luv my iPhone, yet I can't look away from the new devices

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'd actually have to use the device myself before I jumped ship and ditched my iPhone. I'm sorry folks, but the iPhone does everything I need and then some- even w/out JailBreaking it. (I don't need to run youTube, play music ad play a game all at the same time. But I DO feel the need to be able to take a call and browse the web or send & receive my email at the same time.) Do I drop a call every now and then? Sure, but you can't show me a carrier that does not have dropped calls or some holes in its coverage.

I have no issues with AT&T right now so I won't jump on the bashing bandwagon simply because Verizon chose not to carry the iPhone when it was offered to them.

Having said all of that... The Nexus One looks like a good, stable phone and they say the camera functions MUCH better than the camera on the Droid. But they seemed to go cheap by using AGPS instead of a full GPS implementation. Still seems that the amount of storage (internal) available to applications is still a bit low.

Time will tell how well this one does. "iPhone Killer" it is not but it does offer consumers another choice and is a step in the right direction, especially in terms of distribution. The unlocked model Google is a good start but it is missing one thing- carrier support. Cell phone rate plans are cheaper in other countries because the carriers do not have to subsidize the phones. With the Nexus, sure you can buy an unlocked version for $500, but you won't get a discount on your rate plan. And the current model will not connect to AT&T's 3G network so what is the point other than to avoid signing another contract?
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    There's no such thing as an "iPhone killer"! LOL. Except the new garbage iPhone they have coming out. Apple thinks you guys will love anything they put out, which has been the case, and that attitude will produce a phone that wont keep up with any of the super Droids. The Moto Droid is superior to the iPhone in every way and we know the Nexus totally destroys it! PLEASE!

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Hmm... I may think about getting this in the Spring. Although I will have to pay full price. We shall see. I'll have to play with it @ Tmobile when it arrives.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.17405/1280; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    I'd actually have to use the device myself before I jumped ship and ditched my iPhone. I'm sorry folks, but the iPhone does everything I need and then some- even w/out JailBreaking it. (I don't need to run youTube, play music ad play a game all at the same time. But I DO feel the need to be able to take a call and browse the web or send & receive my email at the same time.) Do I drop a call every now and then? Sure, but you can't show me a carrier that does not have dropped calls or some holes in its coverage.

I have no issues with AT&T right now so I won't jump on the bashing bandwagon simply because Verizon chose not to carry the iPhone when it was offered to them.

Having said all of that... The Nexus One looks like a good, stable phone and they say the camera functions MUCH better than the camera on the Droid. But they seemed to go cheap by using AGPS instead of a full GPS implementation. Still seems that the amount of storage (internal) available to applications is still a bit low.

Time will tell how well this one does. "iPhone Killer" it is not but it does offer consumers another choice and is a step in the right direction, especially in terms of distribution. The unlocked model Google is a good start but it is missing one thing- carrier support. Cell phone rate plans are cheaper in other countries because the carriers do not have to subsidize the phones. With the Nexus, sure you can buy an unlocked version for $500, but you won't get a discount on your rate plan. And the current model will not connect to AT&T's 3G network so what is the point other than to avoid signing another contract?
    Been a topic of debate for a while, but I like many, am a firm believer that if you're happy with what you have, then go for it. I love my 8900 and haven't seen anything yet that makes me want to run to it. I agree too that this is a great step in the right direction for getting our prices down on plans. Europe has always paid more for devices, but considerably less per minute then us and I hope this will get U.S. consumers to start considering the option of un-subsidized devices for lower plan prices. T-Mo did this recently with their Even More Plus plans (which I signed up for). I pay the full device cost, but I'm saving about $20 a month and getting a lot more features on my plan.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

"While the world may have gotten very excited about the potential for a Google Phone, what Google actually unveiled Tuesday was a plan for a new smartphone world order."
    cnet

I read the full article and every comment. It was a good educational read.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30684_3-10425935-265.html

Looks like there's some news on the rumor mill. http://i.engadget.com/2010/01/26/wal...ne-with-sprin/

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hmmmm....... Yesterday Wal-Mart announced they were laying off some un-Godly amount of staff including Greeters.

But I'm sure this has nothing to do with that good news but kind of thought it was amusing due to the head lines

I'm in a weird mood today

khaddem no está en línea Stack level 2

Question nexus one phone memory

I am a tmo customer happy with his bb. however i am considering the google phone since i am contractless (freedom!!). My questions are:
    1- how much internal memory does this phone have?
    2-Do you all think that this phone will be better on VZ network than TMo?
    3-Can you copy-paste and toggle between screens on this phone like you do on the bb?
    4-can you run business apps on this phone like MS words, MS spreadsheet, Powerpoint presentation? Edit docs etc...?
    5-How is the screen viewing outside? Is it glare resistant? is it easy on the eyes?
    6-How many apps can u open and run simultaneously without slowing down or freezing the screen?
    7-How is HTC tech support treatment? do they provide good customer service?
    8-Does it have light sensing software like the bb?
    I have many more questions but will stop here
    Thank you all for your answers to my questions. I want to make sure that jumping from bb to nexus will be a pleasant and rewarding experience.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast