Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

There is a big difference in performance. It was almost impossible to use while driving ... Smartphone News forum

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605

Advertisement

There is a big difference in performance. It was almost impossible to use while driving (shhh, don't tell anyone) because you couldn't scroll to any options without looking at the screen due to the "lag". In just 2 secs after opening the 2.0.3 application for the first time and going to a direction list, you are able to move around with a normal response.

As previously, stated, I can again LOVE this product. The only request I have is that the search be more like an real google search. I usually have to go to google.com in the BB browser find the exact address, then go back into GMaps.

DomConway no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DomConway View Post
    Just installed it on my 8110 (it's also at the usual location of www.google.com/gmm) and can't see any difference at all from 2.0.1 so far!
    Having now used it extensively whilst trying to find my way around Bratislava at the weekend, I can say that performance does seem to be improved, with the maps loading much faster.

hardik8048 no está en línea Stack level 1
    nice one

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had 2.0.1 before, and I could never get it to sync with my GPS on my 8310. With 2.0.3, it works perfectly. Now, I haven't any need for BB Maps. Google Maps finally does it all.

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not sure if this was mentioned already. One feature I have not seen until now is the ability to go to your address book and click on show on google maps just like the view home/work map for bbmaps. Very handle feature. Before I had to cut and paste from my address book.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Just fooling around with Google Maps and found a nice new Feature (well new to me) I was checking on an address in my Address Book and noticed when I pressed the Menu at the very top of that list is "Show on Google Maps" - Thats new and a very handy feature.

Just a Thought!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by evilcaptain View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned already. One feature I have not seen until now is the ability to go to your address book and click on show on google maps just like the view home/work map for bbmaps. Very handle feature. Before I had to cut and paste from my address book.

Hmm! Guess I should have read every post!

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the tip - hadn't noticed that but it's definitely handy.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345