Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is great! Solid, readable Google Maps now with 'some' idea of where I am! ... Smartphone News forum

Jooxi no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Google Maps locates users without GPS!

Advertisement

This is great! Solid, readable Google Maps now with 'some' idea of where I am!

Ha ha, now I don't have to pay Verizon for GPS

I have a question - does anyone know if there is a way to find out what the zipcode for the map are you are viewing is? Does the app have this feature?

justin.hylton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AA7C9
    Quote Originally Posted by guyheavensent View Post
    You must live in an area that google hasn't gotten around to working on. Try moving to different locations, that is what I had to do. So there is really no fix til google updates their cell tower info.
    Darn. You'd Think downtown san diego would be pretty well covered. Maybe its just that I live in a poorer part of downtown? Oh well.
    There should be an option here, if my location is unavailable, why don't you let me tell you my location, next time you'll know.

Dreamco no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24122D02

Re: Google Map With Location Question

Quote Originally Posted by henry8888 View Post
    I was thinking of installing the Google Map with Location on my BB8800!!!
    Does anyone know if it will work without dataplan. Because I do not currently have data plan!
    Can I install it through my computers USB cable? Thanks
    An unlimited data plan is highly suggested. A lot of data is reguired to display the maps and satellite im agery. I download the file to my computer and installed it with the Desktop Manager software that came with my BB.

This free program works awesome on my Pearl.

wmc1958 no está en línea Stack level 2

Just downloaded GMM. My Locatation does not work on my 7100i
    Any suggestions

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jooxi View Post
    This is great! Solid, readable Google Maps now with 'some' idea of where I am!

Ha ha, now I don't have to pay Verizon for GPS

I have a question - does anyone know if there is a way to find out what the zipcode for the map are you are viewing is? Does the app have this feature?
    do a search for a gas station or starbucks depending on ur location and in the results that gmm pulls out for ur location, u can see the zipcode in the nearest search result details.

marsall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20603B2F

short misdirection in MYLOCATION

Weird!, I downloaded and installed google maps. It seems to work fine, even with great colors. However, the blue dot of mylocation is far lost because I'm in Guadalajara, Mexico and not in somewhere in Greece. Any idea of what is going wrong?
    Saludos,

Marcel.

marsall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20603B2F

Now it works!!

I guess that since it seems that it's not yet available maps from Guadalajara México it's not possible to locate my position but I tried in satellite mode and it worked. Awesome. It has abot 3 Km error but it is great!
    Saludos,

Marcel.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    I downloaded and installed it. It works fine,infact my location was only off like 2 or 3 blocks, thx again Hayden

jesse.naples no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I had recently discovered this new application and I love it although it doesn't work in a few places here in LIttle Rock, AR. A funny thing though - every once in a while, it switches (on its own) my location to Chateaurenard, France, which is one of my saved "favorite" locations because I was there last September but I am certainly not now. Just a quirk in the software I guess - as I said, it's fun to use and once they have the bugs out of it, it'll be a decent substitute to GPS and all the required and costly updates. By then, Google will probably be charging for it anyway.
    Thanks,
    jb

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345