Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Today, Google introduces Gmail for mobile version 2.0 for BlackBerry phones. Their focus for this ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Google Launches Gmail for BlackBerry Version 2.0

Advertisement

Today, Google introduces Gmail for mobile version 2.0 for BlackBerry phones. Their focus for this version was to make the experience faster and more reliable. Google rearchitected the entire client to push all the processing to the background, greatly improve the client-side caching scheme and optimize every bottleneck piece of code they came across:
    • Overall performance improvement: You should experience significant raw speed improvement, smoother scrolling, and no freezing.
    • Multiple accounts management: If you have both a Gmail and Google Apps email account, you can easily switch between them quickly. You will no longer have to use two different mobile apps to access personal and work emails.
    • Multiple mobile email drafts: You can save multiple email drafts in your mobile phone, so that you can pick and choose what you would like to send later.
    • Powerful shortcut keys: If you have a QWERTY phone, you can use shortcut keys. Hit 'z' to undo, 'k' to go to a newer conversation, and 'j' to go to an older conversation. See Menu/Help in the app for more shortcuts.
    • Basic offline support: Can't get a signal? Not a problem. You can compose and read your most recent emails even when there is no signal. Also, any outgoing messages will be saved in the outbox on your phone and sent automatically when you're back in coverage.
    Also, Gmail for mobile 2.0 is available in over 35 languages now.

Go to m.google.com/mail in your BlackBerry browser to download the new Gmail for mobile for your phone.

[Source: http://googlemobile.blogspot.com]

royeiror no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208C2087
    odd that they are advertising it just now, i think 2.0 has been out for quite a while... maybe this is the equivalent of a change log.

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    I think it was a beta named 1.6 or 1.7 I don't have my BB with me right now, but I don't remember it being called 2.0 before. I could be wrong tho.

Smooth Chef D no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have been running gmail mobile 2.0.5 on my bb for quite some time now. Now it has been updated to 2.0.6.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I'm on 2.0.5 updated to .6 also

BigMix no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2425E11C
    Im on 2.1 and some change...

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    hmm, i was already using this for a while now,,didnt know it was new!!! lol i have version 2.05.1262 is there a newer one?
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was on version 2.0.5. I just upgraded to 2.0.6

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Thanks will dl now

disassemble no está en línea Stack level 2
    how can i upgrade from my 2.0.5 to the 2.0.6 version? where is a download link?

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by disassemble View Post
    Go to m.google.com/mail in your BlackBerry browser to download the new Gmail for mobile for your phone.

Also the icon is smaller now.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by disassemble View Post

m.google.com/mail on your BB browser
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Still lacking support for sending attachments?

erattix no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20FD7E2C
    I find the mobile drafts a bit underwhelming. While I am overjoyed to have a 'drafts' function at all, I'd like my mobile drafts to show up in my drafts folder on my phone as well. Also, it'd be great if it was tagged 'MOBILE DRAFT.' Just a thought....

I'm on a AT&T BB 8310, and my gMail Mobile has been at 2.0.5 and now a 2.0.6 update is available. Downloading now.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarkowitz View Post
    Still lacking support for sending attachments?
    I KNOW RIGHT!!!! that's the real upgrade i'm waiting for! the only diff i notice is that i can use one app to check my gmail and my pinstack email.
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast