Today, Google CEO Eric Schmidt resigned from Apple's board, citing a conflict of interest. The ... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Google CEO Eric Schmidt Resigns From Apple Board

Advertisement

Today, Google CEO Eric Schmidt resigned from Apple's board, citing a conflict of interest. The timing of this decision is no big shocker considering the recent move on Apple to remove Google's Voice app from the app store. Apple CEO Steve Jobs, was quoted as saying, "Unfortunately, as Google enters more of Apple's core businesses, with Android and now Chrome OS, Eric's effectiveness as an Apple board member will be significantly diminished, since he will have to recuse himself from even larger portions of our meetings due to potential conflicts of interest."

This especially rings true as the two giants in the business continue to push further into each other's niches. With the parting of ways between the two companies, could we begin to see a more aggressive push from Google on their Android platform and mobile applications?

Full article here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Competition between these two companies will be healthy, and this way there is no conflict of interests. This day has been slowly coming for awhile now. I'm not sure how Apple really runs it's board but members don't always know what's really going on inside.

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow!..
    I wonder what's coming up next..
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Before long we won't see a google sevice on anything apple makes,mark my words
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb51780 View Post
    Before long we won't see a google sevice on anything apple makes,mark my words
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    From the "Oh, well..." dept. That will be too bad for Apple and not vice versa. The iphone not working with Google Maps??? (Darn!!). IPhone not working with Google search?? (Shucks!!) These little "inconvienences" will start to piss off a lot of people who buy this phone and way to go Steve Jobs, alienate yourself some more!!! Screw more of your customer base because it's not secret that you give a rats @ss about your apple fanboys, it's all about the $$$.

Google doesn't need you Steve, you smug, arrogant...!!!!
    Last edited by azstar; 08-04-2009 at 01:15 AM. Reason: content edit
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It had to happen...not at all surprised
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Google is an important feature to have on a phone (in my opinion) and if Apple doesn't find a way to do business with Google, it would be disadvantageous

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Yeah, this is a suprise!

LOL
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!