Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You can now use Google Sync for mobile to synchronize your BlackBerry handheld with Google ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Google Calendar now syncs to BlackBerry

Advertisement

You can now use Google Sync for mobile to synchronize your BlackBerry handheld with Google Calendar. Simply go to http://m.google.com/sync in your mobile browser to download and install the Google Sync for mobile application. Once installed, simply click on the Google Sync icon, sign in to your Google Account or your Google Apps account, and that's it. The Calendar application on your BlackBerry will always be synchronized with your Google Calendar. You can even edit events or create new ones on the handheld.

Get more information on Google Sync.

witherjm no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Google Calendar now syncs to BlackBerry

Tried it first thing this morning, works well. Caused duplication for me because I am already using CompanionLink to do the same thing but from first impressions CompanionLink has just been put on the list of software to be removed when the next opportunity arises

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Re: Google Calendar now syncs to BlackBerry

Neat program... but its definitely not working as a two-way sync. So far, only going from Google Calendar to Device... not vice versa.

I have it setup for automatic sync... and its been on my device since last night.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

We have a conversation about this new app over here. For the most part it works well, but doesn't do a full sync of pre-existing events on the BB over to Google.

rennyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2422A078

cool app. but im having a problem with existing calendar entires (before installation) not uploading/synching with google calender. Anyone have an idea of whats going on?

witherjm no está en línea Stack level 1

Existing entries in the BB did not go in but newly created ones are, for me anyway

junoreactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2486B0D9

Quote Originally Posted by witherjm View Post
    Existing entries in the BB did not go in but newly created ones are, for me anyway
    Same goes for me. Anyone figured out how to upload previous calendar events in BB to Google calendar?

Ders no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e0cb95

What you can do is export your BB data as CSV files and import them into Google calendar. The thing is that most of the time we are entering appointments into our handhelds and not computer. I'm sure Google will take care of things but in the mean time shoot them an email telling them your concerns, it might get them working a bit harder.

~via BB

(wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~awesome. So far so good.

HuwSy no está en línea Stack level 3

Its just giving me an error allong the lines of this programme has been blocked from interprocess communication. It also doesnt show up in the applications bit of security to grant the permission, so i had to grant it globaly to test. And even then it got to the point of logging in as ...@gmail.com but no arrows ever displayed to show data transfer and it never progressed. Hopefully someone at google or blackberry get this fixed soon so i can justify getting an unlimited data package instead of pay as you go bb data, or better yet if it could sync accross wifi without uma setup.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?

hpak no está en línea Stack level 3

Finally!!! Works well, but the same problem with existing events. No big deal, though. Now, with this & gcalsynch for outlook, all my calanders share the same events & no matter where I create new events, whether from Outlook, GCal or my BB. Awesome!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Thumbs up Re: Google Calendar now syncs to BlackBerry

This is great! ive been waiting for this!

johnatthebar no está en línea Stack level 1

so I have the same issue with past BB events, but no big. Im sure they will fix it soon, and the longer it goes unfixed the less it matters as much.

Im so excited about this, I thought I would have to wait for the new firmware out to have this feature (as I saw mention of it in some but not all write ups from beta testers). As excited as I am I have a few suggestions already to make this WAY more practical. Again though, not a complainer, I am greatful for what we have so far.

a) easily identify events from different google calendars. I like knowing my buddy's work schedule, so we share calandars. easy to tell apart on google, but now, if it says, "have testicles laminated" and its a tuesday @ noon, I think, "well damn, why did I schedule it then, I have to work at noon?" Oops, it was my buddy's. This could be as simple as allowing an optional preface of calendar (ie - Joe - Testicale Lamination) or, and likely with required firware change, a color coded system

b) contacts. we have our gmail, out google calendar, google docs for mobile is, well, its in its infancy but their working on it. why no contacts?

c) lastly, probably least importantly but still useful, pics. a picassa lite sorta program for our google pics accessed on BB.

just some thoughts, I look forward to whatever we are given becuase well, its free and useful.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Ok, so who has figured out how to download this? I can't find a page to download from. Anybody have a link?

Tucker

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Nevermind, I found it.

For the other folks having a hard time, here ya go.

http://m.google.com/sync then click the link and you're there.

Tucker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast