Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Via PCWorld : "Well, thats if you don't like it or want a completely fresh ... Smartphone News forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Goodbye, Google Buzz

Advertisement

Via PCWorld: "Well, thats if you don't like it or want a completely fresh start; personally I like Google Buzz and before all the noise started I had already tweaked mine just the way I needed it to be done."

It's tough to avoid all the buzz over Google Buzz these days. Since introducing the new social networking tool last week, Google has come under fire for everything from privacy concerns to feelings of information overload.

The Google gang has gotten down on its knees to apologize, offering tweak after tweak to its Gmail-centric service. Still, plenty of people aren't too pleased with their automatic enrollment in a program that invaded their inboxes.

Now, there's an easy way to bid Buzz adieu once and for all. [Read More]

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    DJ, I bid farewell to Buzz as well. Another glorified social network that interferes with my work, as if we don't already have enough of those ...besides concerns about info security as well.
    Bye Buzz, fare thee well ! In other words buzz off...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm not ready to dump it just yet. Like many things Google they are unpolished and lack features and seem bare bones. So like many of the other Google services I'm just letting them ride as is and watching to see where they go.

I rarely use Gmail as is but still keep it afloat b/c u never know what may pop up and suprise you.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Buzz is what the future of social networking will be. We are just not ready for it yet. It will be back when we become more familiar.

Because it does involve privacy issues it makes it hard for Giogle to stick with it. But for sure someday in the near future we will look back and say "I guess google was simply ahead ofthe curve" and tried to bring us tomorrow's social networking today.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I actually like it but wish it did a few more things simpler.

The noise can get to u real quick tho. I would like to see filters or something to help.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yes thats true. They probably sure have ran an invite only beta first. They always take a lot of hits on releasing services that can be considered still in the beta stage. With something like this they probably sure have it restricted to invite and fill out application only and you'd see how different opinions would be lol. Thus also allowing them to fine tune before mass adoption/introduction.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm sticking with it. There is just to much potential to drop it. I'm sure it will become even more full featured and offer more user control.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    We don't have a choice! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwYrZLvvJU
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ERE29) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Awesome video. I luv it.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The video...that's Google ! We live in Google Earth in more ways than we care to know or admit !
    We're Googleys !!
    World Google Order within another decade, and then WE WILL eventually revolt and remove them from their palace ! A Coup d'etat is imminent !
    Google sucks , really, if we think about it ! Thank God the fascists of Europe aren't around anymore...but there are others getting groomed for the throne !

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hahaha^^ Did you see Google was approved to start selling Power like a Utility?

Google Power

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Wow. Remember when WebCrawler was the s*@t?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Hahaha^^ Did you see Google was approved to start selling Power like a Utility?

Google Power
    Considering the amount of Data Centers they're running I can see the need for wholesale price power, but I don't think they will be selling it...(well to Joe public)

I was listening to a CNet Podcast "Buzz Report" on Stitcher, I think it was Friday's episode, and they had a pretty lengthy discussion on that.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

PIN/ID
    Retired
    That would make sense ^^

seanfleming007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i hope facebook would vanish...... it ruins peoples lives!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast