Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Go Daddy teamed up with Research In Motion and integrated Go Daddy email accounts with ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Go Daddy now BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) enabled

Advertisement

Go Daddy teamed up with Research In Motion and integrated Go Daddy email accounts with BlackBerry Internet Service, which allows quick and easy access to email on the go.

“This ideal solution allows our customers to be away from their computers and more easily communicate by email,” said GoDaddy.com CEO and Founder Bob Parsons. “We want to make life easier for our customers, and this integration with BlackBerry email certainly does the trick.”

The integration, when used in conjunction with Go Daddy Web-Based Email, allows users to send and receive their email using a BlackBerry smartphone. As email messages are read and deleted from either the smartphone or the Go Daddy Web-Based Email, the message status is synchronized between the BlackBerry smartphone and the Go Daddy mail box. Email messages sent from the user’s BlackBerry smartphone will appear in their “sent” folder online.

Read More

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: Go Daddy now BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) enabled

Keep them resources coming. Soon every 3rd party app will be on the Berry train. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

I have been using my GoDaddy acct on my BB for well over a year with no problem. While it is not perfect, it works. So this integration is wonderful news. But when I send an email on my BB it still doesn't show the email in the 'Sent' folder in my webmail client (like it does in Yahoo!). Also, if I delete the email in the webmail inbox, it does not delete it on my BB. So I logged into my BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) acct, deleted my email acct & activated it again. Still nothing. Is there something that needs to be done to my acct or is this new integration still in process? I contacted GoDaddy but got a response telling me how to set up email in Outlook. Geesh!

MrDJ921 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by exciter View Post
    I have been using my GoDaddy acct on my BB for well over a year with no problem. While it is not perfect, it works. So this integration is wonderful news. But when I send an email on my BB it still doesn't show the email in the 'Sent' folder in my webmail client (like it does in Yahoo!). Also, if I delete the email in the webmail inbox, it does not delete it on my BB. So I logged into my BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) acct, deleted my email acct & activated it again. Still nothing. Is there something that needs to be done to my acct or is this new integration still in process? I contacted GoDaddy but got a response telling me how to set up email in Outlook. Geesh!
    I am experencing the same thing

cjones no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C9

Question Re: Go Daddy now BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) enabled

Will this intergration with GoDaddy allow someone to email me immediatedly? In my other accounts that I have integrated with BIS it seems to refresh every 5 minutes or so.

Currently I have my GoDaddy account set up to send a BCC to my Name@sprint.blackberry.net email address. This seems to allow an email to my GoDaddy acct to reach me the fastest.

The only reason I even worry about this is there have been multiple times I was sitting in a meeting, emailing someone else and needed fast response time.

Caleb

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    Will this intergration with GoDaddy allow someone to email me immediatedly? In my other accounts that I have integrated with BIS it seems to refresh every 5 minutes or so
    I would think so. Much like Yahoo! works...instantly. I love how any Yahoo email I delete on my BB is immediately in the trash folder online. Any email I send on my BB is in the sent folder online, etc etc. I was hoping my GoDaddy accts would do the same. I have given up on tech support. They are now telling me it is BB's problem.

only26dude no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

what is go daddy ?

Quote Originally Posted by only26dude View Post
    what is go daddy ?
    E-mail & website provider.

honu no está en línea Stack level 1

yep it doesn't work for me either...I am using AT&T. Any one out there with luck?

avitez no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem. Called godaddy.com and the techs were clueless. I then called my service provider (T-Mobile USA) and they tried to fix it. They transfered me to RIM and the tech there reset my godaddy.com email account. The email server in "Advanced Settings" has to be "rimimap.secureserver.net. Unfortunately, you just can't delete your godaddy.com email account and re-establish it, as the RIM servers remember the original settings. Also, you can't go into "Advanced Settings" and change email server to rimimap.secureserver.net as it will not work (tried it). RIM has to do it for you.

With the fix, my incoming email arrives within a minute, sent emails from my Curve go into my "sent_items" folder and deletes are sync'd.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by avitez View Post
    I had the same problem. Called godaddy.com and the techs were clueless. I then called my service provider (T-Mobile USA) and they tried to fix it. They transfered me to RIM and the tech there reset my godaddy.com email account. The email server in "Advanced Settings" has to be "rimimap.secureserver.net. Unfortunately, you just can't delete your godaddy.com email account and re-establish it, as the RIM servers remember the original settings. Also, you can't go into "Advanced Settings" and change email server to rimimap.secureserver.net as it will not work (tried it). RIM has to do it for you.

With the fix, my incoming email arrives within a minute, sent emails from my Curve go into my "sent_items" folder and deletes are sync'd.

Andrew
    Fantastic! Thank you for all your hard work Andrew. I will do the same.

rob_grimes no está en línea Stack level 1

I have pretty good success with my godaddy account so far. Messages sent from the blackberry end up in the sent folder on webmail. Items deleted from the handheld get deleted from webmail also. I have had some people say my godaddy address as undeliverable. I'm not sure what is causing this.

Anyone else experiencing this?

cfillio no está en línea Stack level 1

hola

#1) I have recently been given a Blackberry Curve 8310 through work, and would like to set it up to work with my godaddy.com email. Admittedly, I'm not very clear on how to do this.

For starters, when I follow the instructions in the 'Getting Started' guide (Service by ATT Wireless) for setting up Personal Email, it says to go to:

> Home
    > Blackberry Setup
    > Personal Email Setup

However, the last icon is not availble under my "Blackberry Setup" folder/screen.

Is this icon only available once a service is enabled (which perhaps my employer has disabled)?

#2) Alternately, why am I unable to reach my GoDaddy.com email address via the browser login on my Blackberry? Do I need to point to a different variation of the login screen?

Thanks,
    cf

Quote Originally Posted by cfillio View Post
    hola

#1) I have recently been given a Blackberry Curve 8310 through work, and would like to set it up to work with my godaddy.com email. Admittedly, I'm not very clear on how to do this.

For starters, when I follow the instructions in the 'Getting Started' guide (Service by ATT Wireless) for setting up Personal Email, it says to go to:

> Home
    > Blackberry Setup
    > Personal Email Setup

However, the last icon is not availble under my "Blackberry Setup" folder/screen.

Is this icon only available once a service is enabled (which perhaps my employer has disabled)?

#2) Alternately, why am I unable to reach my GoDaddy.com email address via the browser login on my Blackberry? Do I need to point to a different variation of the login screen?

Thanks,
    cf
    Perhaps BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) has not been enabled on your acct. I would try a battery pull first to see if the icon appears. Try this page for your webmail: http://mobilemail.secureserver.net/

Quote Originally Posted by avitez View Post

Andrew

You can do this WITHOUT making any phone calls to tech support.

1. Log into your BIS acct. (I use AT&T so it may vary with other carriers).

2. Delete the email acct you wish to change. Yes, delete it.

3. Where it says, "No email accounts configured. Click here to add one." Do just that.

4. Type in your email address.

5. Type in your password INCORRECTLY and do the same on the confirm password box.

6. Click next.

7. On the "Additional information required" screen, click the radio button for "I will provide the settings to this email acct."

8. Click next.

9. Click the radio button for which type of acct you have, "personal" or "work". I clicked "personal".

10. Click next.

11. On this "Internet Service Provider Email (Pop/Imap) screen, click the radio button for "I will provide the settings to add this email acct."

12. Click next.

13. Enter your username (with GoDaddy it is your entire email address).

14. Enter your CORRECT password.

15. Enter this email server name: rimimap.secureserver.net

16. Enter your email address (this may be already filled in).

17. Click next.

18. In Internet Explorer, you should receive a pop up stating, "You have successfully configured access"

19. Finally, you may want to "edit" the email acct by entering your name in the "Your Name" box.

20. Click "Save".

You are done! Any email sent or deleted on your BB is now in the "sent" or "trash" folders in your GoDaddy webmail acct AND you will receive your email in seconds.
    Last edited by exciter; 02-05-2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Clarification.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast