View Poll Results: Which is most important to you?

Voters
9. Register free to vote on this poll
  • My Personal Computer

3 33.33%
  • My Smartphone

6 66.67%

The growing popularity of web-enabled smartphones may prompt PC vendors to move into this sector, ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Gartner: PC vendors plan to sell smartphones

Advertisement

The growing popularity of web-enabled smartphones may prompt PC vendors to move into this sector, according to new forecasts by Gartner. In fact many PC vendors have already, such as HP, Acer, Asus, Dell and Toshiba all planing or launching their own smartphones.

Analysts at Gartner stated that a slump in PC sales has coincided with a rise in global smartphone sales. As a result, the group believes PC vendors could consider it a lucrative market to move into, a step that could potentially offset the drop in PC purchases.

Read More

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    This was a tough choice, would not want to be without either one, but the storage capabilities and more powerful programs make my computer more necessary than my smartphone.

I know that cloud technology for storing/accessing files is gaining popularity, but as sidekick owners found out the hard way, can't always depend on the cloud.

Smartphones capabilities are getting better month by month as new phones and apps get released and are greatly reducing time needed to be spent at the computer and puting the power in the palm of our hands.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yup your comments align perfectly with "trend"

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Dell built a PC facility here a few years ago and they just announced they will be closing said facility for some of the reasons you stated above, Hayden. This is costing the area several hundred jobs.

FeDex recently broke ground on a new ground hub close by, most likely counting on a lot of business from that Dell facility.

With Dell's recent announcement that they will be entering the Smartphone arena, I sure hope for the sake of this community that they will consider retooling this local facility to build those Smartphones.

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Only reason I picked my BB is due to the fact that I'm more Mobile then in the past. It's a pain having to pull my laptop out when on the go. Most of my work compiles of heavy communication via email and viewing attachments in excel and word form which my Bold does very nicely. BUT, for the sake of memory and saving docs... my laptop is very close.
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Oh, and I voted for PC (laptop).....I run a couple of businesses and have to have the flexibility that offers.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I voted BB, er, smartphone. My pc won't fit in my pocket. All kidding aside, for me my device is all I need and I'm on the go all the time.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I voted smartphone for the same reasons as chokem. I'm on the go all the time as a college student and haven't found a way to lug a notebook, battery, AC cord, books, notebooks, supplies, etc in my backpack.