Garmin has announced Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry, a one-time, £89.99 purchase with full European coverage ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry launches

Advertisement

Garmin has announced Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry, a one-time, £89.99 purchase with full European coverage that will give customers who own BlackBerry devices unlimited use of Garmin Mobile’s turn-by-turn, voice prompted directions for the life of their specific BlackBerry.

Users will also have unlimited access to Garmin Mobile's content such as traffic information, weather and Google Local Search and there's also millions of points of interest on the map data provided by Navteq.

[Read More]

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7

Thumbs down

That would be nice if I didn't have to pay $10 a month to unlock my GPS.
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    Is this available in the states? I keep seeing Euro pricing.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    "...customers who own BlackBerry devices unlimited use of Garmin Mobile’s turn-by-turn, voice prompted directions for the life of their specific BlackBerry..."

Interesting: I like the idea of not paying a monthly fee or annual fee, but considering that I replace my phone/blackberry every couple of years, it sounds like this might become about a $150 add-on fee to the price of each blackberry I will own. I would bet that the "device lifetime license" is NOT transferrable from one blackberry owner to the next who might purchase my used blackberry.

I'm wondering if, in the end, this will cost as much - or more - than a monthly or annual subscription to a map service.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    http://www8.garmin.com/mobile/blackberry/ there's the link that i found, its 99 with gps 149 with out gps

Fergiej no está en línea Stack level 2
    From the EULA on the Garmin site:

This One-Time Purchase subscription applies to only one (1) Device. During the first twelve (12) months of your subscription, if your original Device becomes non-operational you may be permitted, at Garmin’s sole discretion, to make a one-time transfer of the Garmin Mobile Application to another supported Blackberry Device. To make a request for such transfer, please contact the Garmin Customer Service department via http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/sit...supportcontact. No transfers are permitted, for any reason, after twelve (12) months from the purchase of your subscription. Although software fixes, updates and patches are included in the One-Time Purchase, a free upgrade to the next version(s) of Garmin Mobile is not.

SO, it may be worth the purchase now even if you know you're going to get a Bold or other new one within a year. I am happy to see this in the EULA. Unless the BOLD version is a new "version". Why would this NOT surprise me...

BRGFATHER no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF5E7

Works good so far

Just downloaded trial on my 8310. So far looks and works just like my Nuvi 660.
    It zeroed in on location in florida with no problems.
    But I think I'll wait for my Bold before purchasing.

mike mike© no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have the garmin 10x for my curve .. paid a 100$ fee for updates , traffic and weather and real time gas prices .... it works jus liek the expensive garmin devices .. and it pronounces STREET NAMES which is the best feature of any gps .. instead of the stupid "turn in 300 ft"

streakx no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does it need data ?? preloaded maps ??

asif9t9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Nothing for Canada yet?

SamCritch no está en línea Developer
    Every time I trial and start the "full access trial" on my 8310 (Vodafone Netherlands), I get "processing" and then "Failure completing registration for trial. Please try again later." - I can then only exit the application. Anyone else getting this?