Vodafone and BlackBerry maker Research In Motion (Rim) are offering free built-in satellite navigation with ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Free satellite navigation with Vodafone-BlackBerry package

Advertisement

Vodafone and BlackBerry maker Research In Motion (Rim) are offering free built-in satellite navigation with their latest joint device package.

The BlackBerry Curve 8310 comes with a free built-in GPS service for the first 12 months.

The Vodafone Sat Nav service is powered by Telmap, and includes live traffic alerts, weather updates and a host of other useful information such as restaurant reviews. Maps are automatically refreshed every three months.

The 8310 will be available from 3rd September and will be available on either BlackBerry personal or business price plans with prices starting at free, dependent on price plan, the satnav option is plan-dependent too.

The sat-nav is free for 12 months to Vodafone customers and more details can be found here

More details | Also see: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/8310

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Free satellite navigation with Vodafone-BlackBerry package

This is wat AT&T should do, instead of the rumored crippling of the 8320's GPS

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hey I totally agree. GPS, now if I am correct it only works on cell towers. Once you get your route it saves your route. I had the 8800 w/ Cingy and If I didn't have any reception I could not navigate.
    Last edited by Tate002; 08-25-2007 at 03:26 PM.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I just hope that Optus gets the service as well when it comes to AUS, Voda is great but you pay for EVERYTHING. I've got a great cap w/Optus

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Free for 12??? That's excellent!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Tate002
    Hey I totally agree. GPS, now if I am correct it only works on cell towers. Once you get your route it saves your route. I had the 8800 w/ Cingy and If I didn't have any reception I could not navigate.
    -

This is true. All current BB GPS mapping apps, require a Data connection to provide the maps. None provide on device storage of maps for use with the mapping app

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~