Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by luc-mobile It doesn't work with BIS... What doesn't work with BIS? I ... Smartphone News forum

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!

Re: Free Download: WorldMate Live for BlackBerry!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by luc-mobile View Post
    It doesn't work with BIS...

What doesn't work with BIS? I haven't had any issues at all so far. Wondering what you're running into as far as problems...

luc-mobile no está en línea Stack level 1

WorldMate cannot reach the Internet. The configuration wizard does not contemplate my carrier (Vivo) from Brazil. I can create my own setup, but it requires IP, port and APN. I don't have those. I only have BIS, my carrier does not allow any kind of direct TCP connection. They won't even provide an APN. I have tried using the APN they provide to the high speed CDMA plan, but it's no use.

That prevents a lot of applications from working: Opera mini, mobichat, Yahoo! Go, MidpSSH, WorldMate and several others I have removed and whose names I don't remember anymore. They run, but are useless because they can't reach the Internet at all.

Some applications work fine with my BIS connection: Gmail app, Google Maps, Freerange, Viigo, Radar, IdeaMatrix, Google Talk.

JWH
    JWH no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E23050

Cant get either download option to work. Keeps Timing out

PIN/ID
    CHERS!

Quote Originally Posted by luc-mobile View Post
    WorldMate cannot reach the Internet. The configuration wizard does not contemplate my carrier (Vivo) from Brazil. I can create my own setup, but it requires IP, port and APN. I don't have those. I only have BIS, my carrier does not allow any kind of direct TCP connection. They won't even provide an APN. I have tried using the APN they provide to the high speed CDMA plan, but it's no use.

That prevents a lot of applications from working: Opera mini, mobichat, Yahoo! Go, MidpSSH, WorldMate and several others I have removed and whose names I don't remember anymore. They run, but are useless because they can't reach the Internet at all.

Some applications work fine with my BIS connection: Gmail app, Google Maps, Freerange, Viigo, Radar, IdeaMatrix, Google Talk.

Try this:

VIVO (Brazil)
    Gateway IP: 200.142.130.166
    Port: 9203
    APN : wap.vivo.com.br

luc-mobile no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello, wu-wei. I don't know what happened. I downloaded World Mate from another source and it just worked! I also tried your APN settings with a program called LiteFeeds, but it didn't work. Maybe it's just the program's fault. It actually crashed several times when I was editing the settings. But I've discussed the issue with other Brazilian Vivo users, they're stuck in the same spot as I am. Anyway, World Mate is running and it is a very interesting program. Thanks for the help.

PIN/ID
    CHERS!

You're welcome - sorry it wasn't helpful. Either way, I'm glad you got WorldMate working. It's too bad that your carrier is so restrictive...

shamil888 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thank you works great in BB curve 8900

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12