Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

The Curve should have been #1 on the list. I've had mine for a while ... Smartphone News forum

  1. #16
    aztek13's Avatar
    aztek13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12

    Advertisement



    The Curve should have been #1 on the list. I've had mine for a while now and I'll never go to anything other than a BB.

  2. #17
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    agreed. i'd recommend the curve before the storm or bold any day
    .
    I Agree Completely!
    .
    Now that I own both the Bold & Storm, I still prefer my Curve 8310. By a wide margin. It's very disappointing to watch RIM flounder as they are, with two new models that they chose to release prematurely. Neither were completely ready to be brought to market. Each requiring additional testing to insure their OS's were up to RIMs normal level of reliability & stability. Only RIM knows why these two launches were so flawed, and at the end of the day, they are the ones that will suffer the consequences.
    .
    Sent via BlackBerry Curve.

  3. #18
    chrisbc's Avatar
    chrisbc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Wow.. the G1 and the Instinct made the list. HAH.
    Yeah, I hear ya. I too have noticed a lot of clowns inserting random devices in the "popular business smartphone" category in their "surveys" without regard of merit or adoption.

    eweek is particularly bad, most of their articles are sponsored and it clearly shows. Even though they were a free subscription in one of my previous jobs, we made the effort to call and cancel - sponsored articles get really annoying after a while.
    The maker of Viira: GTD BlackBerry app

  4. #19
    cornelious0_0's Avatar
    cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Posts
    673
    I dunno, I see a few reasons even now why I would still prefer my Curve over my Bold, but after all the pros and cons are tallied I still prefer the Bold. I guess a lot of it is dependant on the users personal opinion, which is completely fair.

    ~via BlackBerry Bold~

  5. #20
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    I dunno, I see a few reasons even now why I would still prefer my Curve over my Bold, but after all the pros and cons are tallied I still prefer the Bold. I guess a lot of it is dependent on the users personal opinion, which is completely fair.

    ~via BlackBerry Bold~
    .
    I see you have just posted using your Bold. When I post using my Bold the fonts are incredibly small unless I zoom. And also while writing it does not wrap the words around so that they can be seen. All I see is one long horizontal line as I type with the words running off the left side hidden from view.

    What is your experience and how do you have your preferences under Options set?
    I've tried everything, I use column view, & I still find it difficult.
    .
    Sent via BlackBerry

  6. #21
    cornelious0_0's Avatar
    cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Posts
    673
    I have my browser set to column view with all default font sizes. I do find it small but I don't have trouble reading it at all. The lack of text wrapping annoys me most, but I put up with it. I guess I just love everything else about the bold so much that I'm trying really hard not to let the shortcomings of the browser bring me down. When I go to "My Posts" on the pinstack forums the font size is perfect and I wish it would stay like that, but I've conditioned myself to the way things are for now until we see an update come down the pipe to cure our browser woes.

    ~via BlackBerry Bold~

  7. #22
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    . The lack of text wrapping annoys me most, but I put up with it. I guess I just love everything else about the bold so much that I'm trying really hard not to let the shortcomings of the browser bring me down. When I go to "My Posts" on the pinstack forums the font size is perfect and I wish it would stay like that, but I've conditioned myself to the way things are for now until we see an update come down the pipe to cure our browser woes~
    .
    Well said!
    Your assesment of the browser shortcomings is quite accurate & something that I'm counting on RIM to resolve at some point. In my case it's only an issue because I use mine to access PinStack frequently.
    .
    Sent via BlackBerry

  8. #23
    cornelious0_0's Avatar
    cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    .
    Well said!
    Your assesment of the browser shortcomings is quite accurate & something that I'm counting on RIM to resolve at some point. In my case it's only an issue because I use mine to access PinStack frequently.
    .
    Sent via BlackBerry
    I also frequent pinstack VERY regularly via my BB. I guess I've sort of come to terms with the font size and text wrap issues because I just can't get enough of the rest of the phone.

    Thx for the kind words...I'm really hoping RIM acts on this soon.

  9. #24
    Berryadict's Avatar
    Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,297
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Made list all right. Of buggy phones with flubbed introductions

  10. #25
    k0pper's Avatar
    k0pper no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    .
    Well said!
    Your assesment of the browser shortcomings is quite accurate & something that I'm counting on RIM to resolve at some point. In my case it's only an issue because I use mine to access PinStack frequently.
    .
    Sent via BlackBerry
    I don't know who to talk to about it, but I'm a web developer and I could probably help out with adjusting the font sizes for the bold from within the Pinstack website.

    You can tell a site to make the itself look different depending on what browser is looking at it. Pending that the Bold browser sends a different version number to the website you should be able to say something like 'If this is a Bold browser then make the font 4 points bigger"

    Just a thought.
    8300 running 4.5.0.81 on T-Mo

  11. #26
    cornelious0_0's Avatar
    cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by k0pper View Post
    I don't know who to talk to about it, but I'm a web developer and I could probably help out with adjusting the font sizes for the bold from within the Pinstack website.

    You can tell a site to make the itself look different depending on what browser is looking at it. Pending that the Bold browser sends a different version number to the website you should be able to say something like 'If this is a Bold browser then make the font 4 points bigger"

    Just a thought.
    That's a really good idea. What I've noticed is that the page initially renders as it should and then refreshes and re-renders the page with the smaller font sizes. I'm not sure what the way around this might be, but it doesn't seem like it'd take TOO much work...as long as Pinstack's forums are fixed up I don't care about much else.

  12. #27
    Berryadict's Avatar
    Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,297
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I want to know why RIM put a browser with those serious deficiencies on the market...

  13. #28
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I want to know why RIM put a browser with those serious deficiencies on the market...
    I'm in total agreement with you on this one. After all, why would they put all this time, effort and money into R&D of a completely new model, advertise is as the Best of the Best BlackBerry's only to equip it with a browser that is a step backwards when trying to view all of the existing WAP sites out their.

    Especially since the browser in the Curve does such a nice job. This is a very poor move on RIM's part. Completely the opposite of what one would expect of them. To cripple the browsing experience and make it worse on their flagship device is beyond logical or acceptable.


  14. #29
    klgmd's Avatar
    klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    171

    8310 vs. Bold

    I am getting ready to "upgrade" from my 8310 to the Bold but after reading all of these remarks I am starting to hesitate. I love my 8310. Can someone convince me why I should stick with the Curve or go to the Bold? Will the 8900 Curve top them both??

  15. #30
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by klgmd View Post
    I am getting ready to "upgrade" from my 8310 to the Bold but after reading all of these remarks I am starting to hesitate. I love my 8310. Can someone convince me why I should stick with the Curve or go to the Bold? Will the 8900 Curve top them both??
    What makes an answer to your question so difficult is that you are already using what is in my opinion, and based on my personal experience with every BB to date, the very best BlackBerry on the planet.

    Yesterday I had my 5th bold crash and burn (display failed, after displaying snow like a TV with no signal).

    Yet that said, I'm now on Bold #6. Yes.. I've tried now six times to get a good Bold. One that simply does what it's supposed to do without crashing, throwing up error messages, resetting itself at random, or any one of a number of major (not minor) issues I've lived with since the day the Bold was released.

    Right now.. at this very minute Bold number 6 is stellar, and works perfectly.

    But should I have had to go through that ordeal? One in which many people would have given up and just went somewhere else. Or backwards to an "older model". I think not.

    My advice to you? Stick with what you have, be patient, and give RIM time to sort out the Bold OS for one thing. As you will notice that the great majority of Bold owners reporting here on PinStack are upgrading to new OS's like free candy.

    I do have faith in RIM, I do believe they will get this device properly sorted out. But on your money?

    Just the voice of experience speaking here.

    A guy who is a complete RIM & BlackBerry advocate. I've had far too many years of good service to give up. I'm in it for the long haul and hope that this post may save you some money. If you wait at least 90 days, I'm confident you will then be able to buy a well sorted out Bold, at a lower price.

    Cheers


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •