Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For the small business owner on the go, accessing e-mail, the Web and a host ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Five Killer Smartphones for SMBs - Bold & Storm Make List

Advertisement

For the small business owner on the go, accessing e-mail, the Web and a host of other applications from a mobile phone is essential. Wading into the smartphone market place can be a little overwhelming: Deciding which smartphone works best with your server for e-mail pushing, how much battery life you might need and, of course, the "cool" factor everyone craves, even when they say they don’t. When choosing a smartphone, you need to keep in mind what kind of e-mail you need to access: BlackBerry, Microsoft Windows Enterprise, IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol), POP (Post Office Protocol), which includes Gmail or any others. Thankfully, most smartphones today can handle multiple e-mail systems, but not all do. Others desire sleek Web browsers or strong multimedia capabilities. Some people, myself included, wouldn’t even consider a smartphone that offers only a mini-USB portal for headphones (more on that later). In the end, it often comes down to personal aesthetics and impressions, but here’s a list of five smartphones than any SMB owner would be interested in.

[read more]

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Wow.. the G1 and the Instinct made the list. HAH.

lldru32 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    BB 4Life.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by lldru32 View Post
    BB 4Life.

I will have to agree on that with ya.
    Ever since I have gotten a blackberry, haven't found another phone to make me leave since then. The Iphone almost did; but it fell short by just two missing features.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Wow.. the G1 and the Instinct made the list. HAH.
    Thanks for the Info, Yeah, that is kinda funny though, as Peter Griffin would say "I Don't Get It..."

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I sold my G1 quick fast. Just like the iPhone, it's a nice toy but.. really? Who's paying these people?

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'll join in with the BB 4Life chanting. I moved from my 8130 to the 8330 very quickly and it took less then 6 months for me to jump on a new Bold and I'll say...I couldn't be happier.

I've used a friends iPhone and a few WM devices and I can say with 100% certainty that there's not really much out there that has even a slight chance at pulling me away from my BB.

As if the devices themselves weren't amazing enough as is, its communities like Pinstack that make ownership that much more enjoyable. Almost every day I have the chance to learn something new or lend someone a helping hand and its great.

BlackBerry's aren't just smartphones, they're a way of life!

aaronnieves no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305F72EB
    I think there's something wrong with the link because i only see 2 blackberries on the list and, clearly, there should be 5...

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ^^Agreed @ least four of them should have been BB products, not just 2!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

k0pper no está en línea Stack level 1
    I dont know how the Curve didnt make this list. With its solid form factor and features and currently very affordable price tag on nearly every cell provider, not to mention its recent achievement of being announced the best selling smart phone is recent months its surprising it wasn't mentioned.
    8300 running 4.5.0.81 on T-Mo

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by k0pper View Post
    I dont know how the Curve didnt make this list. With its solid form factor and features and currently very affordable price tag on nearly every cell provider, not to mention its recent achievement of being announced the best selling smart phone is recent months its surprising it wasn't mentioned.
    agreed. i'd recommend the curve before the storm or bold any day

Duvi no está en línea Stack level 2
    I agree before the Storm, but not the Bold.

I think something is fishy about all, but one phone being touchscreen devices. Maybe it was for touchscreens and like others thought the Bold was :-)
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 12-06-2008 at 03:35 AM. Reason: format edit

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3
    The G1, iPhone, and Instinct are on the same list with BLACKBERRY? This is a joke, right?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Currently, if we are talking this very moment. Based on my personal experience the top two BlackBerrys are:

1) Curve 83xx
    2) Bold 9000

I have both, and I truly wish that I could rate the Bold as tops, because it does so much very well. And yet the browser is the downfall. It is worse than the very useful but old tech WAP browser on the Curve.

RIM... get with the program and design a browser that is as good as the rest of the Bold. It deserves a good browser, and the sales increase would reflect the benefit of your efforts.

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    The curve should definitely have made that list! As a previous curve user, it ranked among the top of all RIM devices I've owned, prior to the Bold.
    "May fortune favor the foolish" ...... Captain James T. Kirk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast