Powered by Android 2.1 with Samsung's all-new Smart Life user interface, this smartphone has a ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

First Look: Samsung Galaxy S - Side-by-side with my iPhone 3GS

Advertisement

Powered by Android 2.1 with Samsung's all-new Smart Life user interface, this smartphone has a 4-inch Super AMOLED display, a 1GHz processor, 5-megapixel camera and HD video recording. It was hard get much in-hand time, but during the few moments I played with it, there were three things that I noticed instantly!

1) The brilliance of the screen - Only the naked eye can truly appreciate the BIG difference of this smartphone's display compared to others. Colors are dazzling and videos are life-like. All possible even with the MANY fingerprints and smudges.

2) Thin and unbelievably lightweight - This is mostly as a result of Samsung's Super AMOLED technology, which has touch sensors "on" the display itself - no additional layers. It's just under 10mm thin and feels at least 25% lighter than the iPhone 3GS.

3) Very responsive OS and UI - With a 1GHz processor, navigation was just about instant. Samsung's Smart Life user interface compliments the Android OS, isn't too intrusive or complicated and is very social networking oriented. Everything about the OS was silky smooth... and remember these were beta units on display.

The built quality was also of note, it seemed great! The Galaxy S "feels" like one solid unit with no parts, no layers, just solid yet extremely light.

Sorry about the camera-work. I handed the cam to a Samsung demo girl. There was virtually no way through the crowd. She did a bit better eventually, until I was able to get to the front.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Man that thing is sweeettt

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That screen is real pretty....competition is fierce.....so many awesome new phones coming!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Looks cool!! BUT, the 3GS is/should considered "last years model", wait until the next iPhone comes out (in a few months) and we'll see how the Galaxy compares

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Looks cool!! BUT, the 3GS is/should considered "last years model", wait until the next iPhone comes out (in a few months) and we'll see how the Galaxy compares
    Ditto. All these manufacturers are ou there trying to beat Apple to the punch and start getting as many sales as possible before apple's new bad boy comes out and ruins their fun. Not a bad strategy and also great to see how high they're raising the bar. I just hope for camera flash from the new yuppyphone and of course more memory. Go all out with 1TB of internal space
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    haha. Good point!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Ditto. All these manufacturers are ou there trying to beat Apple to the punch and start getting as many sales as possible before apple's new bad boy comes out and ruins their fun. Not a bad strategy and also great to see how high they're raising the bar. I just hope for camera flash from the new yuppyphone and of course more memory. Go all out with 1TB of internal space
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    U have a good point. They are revealing the latest and greatest giving the big A a chance to see how they compare and also more importantly enough time to change up the current build.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    With all the Evo and iPhone 4 hype, I forgot about the Galaxy. Here's a rumered release date in July http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...nius+Report%29