"The strong consumer focus to iPhone's marketing campaign hasn't stopped business people from asking whether ... Smartphone News forum

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4

Firms urged to stay away from the iPhone

Advertisement

"The strong consumer focus to iPhone's marketing campaign hasn't stopped business people from asking whether they could use them for work. But technology consultants have one word for their corporate clients when it comes to buying an iPhone for business:

Don't.

"The iPhone is - and I can't stress this enough - not an enterprise-class device," Benjamin Gray, an analyst with Forrester Research in Cambridge, Mass., said in trade magazine eWeek Friday.

By "not enterprise-class," he meant that it isn't suited for use by large organizations for several reasons: It doesn't work with business e-mail the way Research in Motion's BlackBerry service does, it lacks third-party applications that can be added on for more usability, and it is expensive - prices reach $600 for the priciest model.

Another tech-research firm, Stamford, Conn.-based Gartner Inc., warned in a report this month that companies should keep the iPhone away from their networks because it doesn't have a firewall or other computer-like safeguards for the data that can be stored on its 4- to 8-gigabyte hard drive."

More | also see Analysts predict minimal iPhone impact on BlackBerry sales, stock
    Gina-Lisa James,
    Pinstack.com – the web's #1 BlackBerry spot!
    Add Pinstack to your MySpace & twitter.com/pinstack

iheartmybb22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask :)

Re: Firms urged to stay away from the iPhone

Even though the design is very appealing, there are some things that it lacks. I love Apple, but I'm sticking with my BlackBerry. I just think that they're more functional than the iPhone.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I don't see why anyone would think that the iPhone was aimed at the corporate market anyway...

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

The same people that think that it is designed as another "blackberry killer" think that it is good for the corporate market.

Zo

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

The only way I could see the iPhone as a Blackberry killer is if the iPhone is geared more towards the recreational BB user - not the business user or 'BB junkie". This would be the person who views a BB as more of a fashion piece or high end phone - someone who doesn't necessarily use the BB the way it's intended to be used.

The iPhone would be fun to play with for a while, but in the end it comes down to form over practicality. The iPhone will have a ways to go before RIM needs to be worried about it infringing on its more loyal user base.

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm glad these people are confirming what iv been saying the whole time, the iphone is a toy

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

im more than happy to stick with my pearl and keep my 30gb video with me all the time :-) together my 2 items dont even add up to the iphone price and it only has a 8gb....pssshtt
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

Divinicus no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F27A4C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~short the stock, the hype machine headed up by Steve Jobs is rolling over, look out below!

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!

I agree with you rabbie303. apple needs to just stick to making computers and ipods. but gotta admit, cool looking phone.