Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey PinStackers, The update to Convenience Software's FindIt is now available. FindIt helps you find ... Smartphone News forum

Spartan115 no está en línea Stack level 2

FindIt 2.0 Released

Advertisement

Hey PinStackers,

The update to Convenience Software's FindIt is now available. FindIt helps you find your lost BlackBerry no matter what the conditions, all through email. It works through a series of user-customizable trigger tags that when sent in the subject line of an email to your BlackBerry make it do specific things.

Here are some of FindIt's Features:
    *FindIt now incorporates a loud and customizable tone that is set through your profile settings, so you can use any ring you want.
    *FindIt also displays a user customizable pop-up message (set through the body of the activating email) that the person who picks it up can read.
    *If this pop-up message is closed, FindIt will email you letting you know.
    *FindIt also has an auto-callback feature. When activated, FindIt will wait until your lost BlackBerry's backlight turns on, and then will call any number you choose (set through the body of the activating email), so that you can talk directly to whoever picks it up.
    *FindIt now also incorporates GPS, and your lost BlackBerry will send you an email containing its coordinates along with a link to Yahoo! Maps.
    *FindIt now has a stolen alarm as well. When activated, the stolen alarm yells "This BlackBerry is stolen! This BlackBerry is stolen!" and can only be silenced through a battery pull, so any would-be thieves will drop it immediately.

FindIt is $4.99 and comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.

A 3 day demo, along with more information is available here.

For previous customers, an email containing your free upgrade will be sent some time this weekend. If you do not receive your upgrade email by Tuesday please contact us at:
    admin@conveniencesoftware.com
    If you are interested in reviewing FindIt please contact us at:
    reviews@conveniencesoftware.com
    Last edited by Spartan115; 02-15-2008 at 11:32 AM.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Re: FindIt 2.0 Released

Interesting....I would like to try!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

Does it work on all BB and OS? I have 7100i with OS 4.1
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

If no one posts a definitive answer, I'd suggest downloading the demo OTA. That way, you can REALLY be sure before deciding whether to purchase it or not.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

Yea that's what I did. I downloaded the Demo. And I got this error when I clicked on it,
    >>>Error starting FinditDemo: Class 'javax.microedition.media.Player' not found<<<
    So I guess it won't work with my OS.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

blackrn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    217B6A51

Interested to see how it works out for others!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Sounds awesome, can't wait for the e-mail update to come.
    ~Lauren

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Here is a quote of something I posted on another board regarding FindIt 2.0:

As a FindIt v1.x user, I had to opportunity to preview and give feedback on v2.0 of FindIt. I think it has the right mix of features and simplicity that make this application invaluable, yet also be a "set it and forget it" kind of program.

The author has added some nice touches, which although he has mentioned them above, I may reiterate and expand on why I like them.

First and foremost, while having GPS hardware and software capability on your phone is cool and all that, usually it is "too late" once you've lost your phone, since it is unlikely that the GPS tracking software was running at the time of the loss. GPS web tracking applications are all big battery drainers so most of us have it off. Well, FindIt has the ability to TURN ON the GPS and if it finds the coordinates, it will email them back to you. Of course, if the phone is in a desk drawer in an office building, it won't be able to detect the coordinates but if it's in a car or outside, it can.

Secondly, I like the fact that it uses the BB Profiles to set your alert. On some phones, a built in tone might be adequately loud, while on others, it might be too quiet. By being able to set your own tones within each profile, (e.g. a loud alarm tone within your Vibrate or Quiet profile), you can be assured what is being played and at what volume. It also means that the tone won't keep playing forever until the battery is dead.

A nice touch is the confirmation email sent back to you when someone has clicked the "OK" button to acknowledge the alarm. That tells you that a human being is physically holding the phone and has shut the alert off and likely has read your message dialog box. It tells you that the phone is not in a desk drawer and no one can hear it playing it's alert tones. You can now then call the phone yourself, or have the phone initiate a call to you, whichever you choose; knowing that someone is there to possibly answer it.

The Stolen tag is a last resort. If you've tried to call the phone, have the finder call you, etc., but are getting no response, then you can trigger the Stolen function; which, as mentioned above will result in a loud voice announcement and siren noises that will hopefully change a potential thief's mind.

Basically, you can test all the functions of the application, and then what I do is Hide the application icon so that it's not visible on the desktop. The icon also does not appear in the switch ribbon, so a finder of your phone can't change the settings on you to disable your trigger phrases.

I recommend this application for what MIGHT happen. Hopefully, you'll never need to use it.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

thanks for the review Klotar...very nice.
    I like having the FindIt app. just in case. It's reassuring
    ~Lauren

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

I bought the original version of this program a few months ago. I haven't had the need to use it and I forgot the email trigger, but I got the email on my Pearl tonight about the upgrade...gonna download it now.
    On top of this, my Pearl has the hard encoded password on it too.

JE

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec

how do u make it stop the blackberry is stolen AHHH LOL
    RedCurv07

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec

This programs awesome you can barley do anything with the bb when it starts saying the phrase bb is stolen eats up the battery lol I'm going to definetly pick this program up thanks a bunch Conv. Software ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

budj47 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Iwas lucky enough to get to test this version in beta and I will say that it is a real winner. The GPS function will also take you to Yahoo Maps and show you where the BB is on the map. The "stolen" message is so irritating and loud that no onw in their right mind would stay around the BB because of the attention it will draw. This useful program that you won't regret getting!!

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

I have not received my email on the update yet. I was one of the lucky Stackers that emailed you when you were offering the program for free to the first 5 stackers that posted to the 11-17-07 post. You emailed it to me and I have been using it since that date. I was wondering when I would receive my updated version...
    email address: "I will email the address posted with a copy of my post from Nov. 17th, 2007."

Thank you
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    I have not received my email on the update yet. I was one of the lucky Stackers that emailed you when you were offering the program for free to the first 5 stackers that posted to the 11-17-07 post. You emailed it to me and I have been using it since that date. I was wondering when I would receive my updated version...
    email address: "I will email the address posted with a copy of my post from Nov. 17th, 2007."

Thank you

ConvienceSoftware responded very quickly to the email.....BigUpz to the adminz and the developerz of the program.. You have a customer for life!!!!!!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast