Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Via theregister : US regulators are demanding that Verizon Wireless explain why it's doubling early ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

FCC questions Verizon's $350.00 early termination fee.

Advertisement

Via theregister: US regulators are demanding that Verizon Wireless explain why it's doubling early termination fees for smartphone customers and why subscribers without a data plan are charged for inadvertently accessing its mobile web service.

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) sent an open letter on Friday to the country's largest mobile phone company asking it to provide details on the policies.

Last month, Verizon hiked the early termination fee for "advanced devices" from $175 to $350.

Read More

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I bett ATT has it in their legal room trying to get it out as well . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    There is no legitimate reason besides supply and demand, they realized that Smartphones are whats going on now and will continue to be, and they want to capitalize as much as possible. Its a shame but thats just the way they do things. I mean if you by a Dumb phone and a 2 year contract, you pay less if you choose to leave early because you where smart enough to get a basic phone! Its just a shame...

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I would never agree to that kind of termination fee. That's ridiculous!

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I would never agree to that kind of termination fee. That's ridiculous!
    x2... understanding the big red wants to make their money but 350 just to cancel? sheesh harsh times call for harsh measures i guess.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Is this just for new customers? Are they going to apply this to existing customers?

dirtypirate no está en línea Stack level 2
    Djsmooth, I think you may be wrong. This is big reds way of sticking it back to the man. They just lost the california lawsuit over early terminations and awarded millions, its their way of generating more revenue on the back end.
    Pdxmatts- its for new contracts only, effective around a month ago at most. Not retroactive.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtypirate View Post
    Djsmooth, I think you may be wrong. This is big reds way of sticking it back to the man. They just lost the california lawsuit over early terminations and awarded millions, its their way of generating more revenue on the back end.
    Pdxmatts- its for new contracts only, effective around a month ago at most. Not retroactive.
    Thanks! I did not know that...

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    They got to pay for them adds somehow..

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sad, so sad... Your already paying more than any other carrier for their service, and now you have to pay an arm and a leg to cancel your contract... What a dam shame.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Getting a Divorce does not even cost that much money.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I knew about it when I got my two Droids, It was all over the blogs when they upped it last month. It doesn't matter though, I'm not going anywhere. I have never left a carrier early without having a good reason and being let out and the ETF waved. If the FCC makes them reduce it, great, if not, it won't matter to me.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have left many services who threaten an ETF, I have never paid one or been charged for that matter. I am sure they do it but so far I have gotten lucky. I believe as much as we pay for our devices the ETF should be outlawed all together. Between $300-$500 bucks for the device then over taxed and over priced service fees are enough of a punishment already.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    One of the things that annoyed me was this quote I read from another article:

"One important problem in the eyes is the fact that customers that cancel a 2-year ct after 23 months will still have to pay a $120 ETF"

I'm in the same boat with Azstar though. I've been with Verizon for the past 7+ years (when I first got a cellphone) and have never been with any other carrier nor care to be so I'm not as concerned as someone else may be.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Luckily I left them before this increase went into effect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast