Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by stuart B Hang on sorry I'm not being funny but is their ... Smartphone News forum

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by stuart B View Post
    Hang on sorry I'm not being funny but is their two arguments going on here?
    I love the elite type of club that BB brings with owning one. It isn't the idea that rim are about to release a clam phone but my concern of the well type of customer that this may bring. The site has people that think, have a passion and interest in BB. My worry is that that goes. I'm not a snob but well the thought of stupid threads just doesn't do it for me. Yes I know just how good BB is and like the idea that most of my friends haven't got one. But then I don't own rim so the profit issue doesn't come into it.
    Hayden hit the nail on the head when he said that rim should release a BB on the same lines as Toyota and Lexus. Now that would resolve all issues in one.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well said. Diluting the market may change what people think of when they hear the brand name Blackberry. It would be a smart move to have a different line to appeal to different crowds.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    For me the jury is still out on the flip style berry. Until I put my hands on one...I'll remain open to the thought.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Well the market has already been diluted. With the introduction of both the pearl and the iPhone there have been an increase in "data device" users and I put the word data device in quotes. This past holiday season every other phone that I sold was a blackberry or a windows device etc. It gets to the point where we were getting a lot of people returning them because they didnt add the feature for data. And others realized it was to much of a phone for them. So its already been diluted. But its a great time to get the people who are willing to learn. Etc. Once again it would be interesting to see how it pans out. Ill make this reference once again. When T-Mobile carried the samsung 719. Which just had the BB email client the target customers were people who wanted something that was for business but looked like a normal phone. Just think about it. Sometimes husbands/Wives who are married to someone who has one looks at the "thing" attached to their hip and cringe. It's a way for some. (key word being some) people to get away from their ball and chain. Personally I love my Crackberry but thays how some feel. Thats my 2cents once again. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~was comparing sound quality between my bb and flip phones I've had.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

kickstart

so wuts the deal with the blackberry kickstart? will it be out for ATT? is this like an answer for the iPHONE?

looks real sleek and cool....depending on how much better it is then my pearl, i might just upgrapde?

any extra words on it?

thanx

rob0289 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile

i think it will be a slider... like the atts 8525 and 8900. thats deff not a flip phone lol. i c no hinges.

rob

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by rob0289 View Post
    i think it will be a slider... like the atts 8525 and 8900. thats deff not a flip phone lol. i c no hinges.

rob

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...del-this-year/

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    To put an end to the debate, we have already seen pictures showing that it is a flip phone. And sliders have even more reliability issues than flip phones.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ That's why I showed that earlier pic of the phone open. I'm still gonna get this the day it comes out or soon after.

s.donoho no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2453D92
    I have to start off saying that I am deeply in lust with my crimson curve... there just never has been a phone to make me as happy or attract as much attention from strangers. You have no idea how many people I've converted to BB.

But this KickStart reminds me of a cheap sony ericsson clamshell. No offense to those that carry Sony Ericssons but we all must admit that there is a diff between a nice/cheap one.

Anyways.. as always I will have to play around with this new RIM investment as soon as it comes out so that I can have my own opinion on it's use. I'm just not expecting too much.

sunsetsweete no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FC7DBC
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdoucet View Post
    Yeah he's an idiot. If ya think your higher class cause of your phone, there's somethn wrong with you. Look in your wallet. That will tell ya If your higher class or not! Its only a phone people. Its only a corporation taping into a market befor apple does. Wow all this for a flipberry. Don't like it don't buy one
    Well said! I think this pretty much sums it up!

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    The thread by sunsetsweethart is totally bang on! Its about time someone got realistic about it!!!!!!

I've been realistic the entire time (after changing my mind about avoiding the phone at first). I'm waiting to have a phone I can use for weekend trips when I want a different form factor.

I've already got $50 coming in from my rebate from purchasing the 8120 so I am sure I will have the rest of the money by release date of this.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Images of the Kickstart

Found these images of the kickstart on the internet.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    after seeing the pix above my post (this one) that phone is ugly as hell!

and to the people thinking that they are so high n mighty just cuz they have a BB...two words for ya...hop off!

its a phone. blue, yellow, pink, flip, slider...wutever, its just a device. just like they say "clothes dont make the man"...well guess wut...this phone isn't gonna make me...or catapult me to high society...c'mon now, seriously...hop off BB D***

its cool to have a blackberry, but not cool to segregate just cuz the damn phone flips...

OHHHH MYYY GODDD!!!! WATCH OUT NOW....PHONES THAT FLIP!!!!!!!!!!
    DAMN YOUNG PEOPLE AND THEIR FLIPPITY-FLOP PHONES!

LOL...

besides...my phone will kick your phones butt.lol

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast