Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 97

and for those of us who actually work tech support let me say UUUUGGGGHHH! Just ... Smartphone News forum

  1. #46
    natesax7's Avatar
    natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Posts
    140

    Advertisement



    and for those of us who actually work tech support let me say UUUUGGGGHHH! Just what we all need are more people who don't read user manuals or have a computer to run app loader from!!!

  2. #47
    macmood's Avatar
    macmood no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    2
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio View Post
    Yeah, it a real sleeper to me too. Ill take Jodie Smith's contact info though...

    i second that!

  3. #48
    showtime's Avatar
    showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleM View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    To own a BB is a life style in itself! We are a higher class! We look down upon those with flip phones and dare to be seen holding one. Flip phones are for kids who lives on the other side of the tracks!
    Well said. Blackberry's are for the elite. I'm all for change, however the flipberry is heading down the path to be the next SideKick. If I wanted a texting toy, then I would have purchased one.

    The purpose of the pearl was to draw in a certain class of people. Do you think that Aston Martin will design a lower class car to please the masses? (No!) ........Why? Because we buy these toys for status.

    Their are a lot of PDA's out here that will be sufficient to all, but to own and under stand the power of the Berry should be in a class of its own.

    So please, stop giving the reaching out speech because it only sounds like dollars and cents.

  4. #49
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    Forgot to ask a few questions.

    1) Where is the MicroSD slot located? I can't see it in any of the pics.

    2) What size card slot will it support?


  5. #50
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    Well said. Blackberry's are for the elite. I'm all for change, however the flipberry is heading down the path to be the next SideKick. If I wanted a texting toy, then I would have purchased one.

    The purpose of the pearl was to draw in a certain class of people. Do you think that Aston Martin will design a lower class car to please the masses? (No!) ........Why? Because we buy these toys for status.

    Their are a lot of PDA's out here that will be sufficient to all, but to own and under stand the power of the Berry should be in a class of its own.

    So please, stop giving the reaching out speech because it only sounds like dollars and cents.
    I believe this clamshell/flip will bring in even more potential users (already at 14 million I think) due to those saying the form factor is important (us BB users are picky LOL). Especially me. As many of my previous posts defending the Pearl and other SureType models (the 71xx series) state, I chose this model due to portability. It looks like the KickStart will be more than just a toy for texting. I have always wanted the smallest possible handset for my daily life and this will be it.

    I don't see myself being able to put THIS phone down once I get it, and that says a lot when I said the same thing about my Pearl 16 months ago.


  6. #51
    The SPCS Guy's Avatar
    The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8
    Posts
    232
    It looks ok. I would try to get it if it came to Sprint!

    JE
    - ** JE-TwiztedOne **

  7. #52
    jonnyxedge's Avatar
    jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    Well said. Blackberry's are for the elite. I'm all for change, however the flipberry is heading down the path to be the next SideKick. If I wanted a texting toy, then I would have purchased one.

    The purpose of the pearl was to draw in a certain class of people. Do you think that Aston Martin will design a lower class car to please the masses? (No!) ........Why? Because we buy these toys for status.

    Their are a lot of PDA's out here that will be sufficient to all, but to own and under stand the power of the Berry should be in a class of its own.

    So please, stop giving the reaching out speech because it only sounds like dollars and cents.
    Agree to disagree. Lol (I've always wanted to say that) however I do see what you are saying. But what is the purpose of a business to gain business. What drives the business (besides customer service of course) profits. How do you make money an gain new users if you attract the same people. You don't especially when a lot of consumer don't want to pay the price to move up to the next model. They want free or close to free. Well the solution is to target others who wouldn't have thought to use that device. Yeah it will cause more calls to tech and more people having issues with then but RIM/Blackberry doesn't have to deal with most of those issues the cell phone providers will. In this world cash is king and sometimes you have to do a little "selling out". I'm very certain a lot of the people who are talking about being part of an elite group at one point was the one on the other side of the track so to speak. (And I'm not saying that in a discouraging way at all. Its just facts. And I hope this doesn't sound like I'm stepping on anybody's toes). For me personally it was my wife who got me into blackberry devices even though she doesn't use them know.

  8. #53
    iron07's Avatar
    iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Posts
    609
    Well said. Blackberry's are for the elite. I'm all for change, however the flipberry is heading down the path to be the next SideKick. If I wanted a texting toy, then I would have purchased one.

    WOW that is pretty bold to say man.
    I really dont think rim cares if the elite as you say like this phone i got to belive they are trying to attract the younger crowd which is more money to them and like any company its all about the dollar. the elite LMAO

  9. #54
    ConstantineXVI's Avatar
    ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorXero View Post
    I'm really excited over this. The only two things that I didn't like about Berries were their form factor and their browser. One down, one to go! I love my Pearl, but to have a flipberry? Man, that would make me very happy.
    As far as I've heard, the browser in 4.6 (the 9000/9100 version) is MUCH improved over the 4.2/4.3 browser. I still wish they would bite the bullet and go WebKit.

  10. #55
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorXero View Post
    I'm really excited over this. The only two things that I didn't like about Berries were their form factor and their browser. One down, one to go! I love my Pearl, but to have a flipberry? Man, that would make me very happy.
    I would be in Heaven if I could have and use both. The 8120 would be used during the week and the KickStart for the weekends or those times when I still want my BB but in a smaller phone form factor. Can we say addiction? LOL

  11. #56
    Bob G's Avatar
    Bob G no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21
    I am so excited about this! The clamshell form factor is far superior to the brick, with its terrible sound and its exposed screen and keyboard. I've been longing for a decent flip smart phone since I had to retire my beloved Kyocera 7135. And if I could dream, I'd ask for a full keyboard (like the centro) and to trade the color external display on the front for an always-on monochromatic LCD on the top (so you could see the time, caller ID, etc. without pulling it out of the holster).
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  12. #57
    stuart B's Avatar
    stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Posts
    407
    i understand why rim wants rim wants to release this type of phone, afterall it wilopen up i whole new market and yes will increase their sales BUT and yes there is a BUT !
    Blackberry is a smart phone, its a business phone. so Why oh Why are they trying to change their market ?????
    They rule the market that they specialse in.
    so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT TRY AND CHANGE THIS ! Rim will loose some long standing customers

  13. #58
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ As someone said earlier, RIM will always make the candybar and PDA form factor phones. Anyone not willing to change from that form factor might want to check out the 9000 series when it hits. They are adding to what is already a successful series of phones.

  14. #59
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart B View Post
    i understand why rim wants rim wants to release this type of phone, afterall it wilopen up i whole new market and yes will increase their sales BUT and yes there is a BUT !
    Blackberry is a smart phone, its a business phone. so Why oh Why are they trying to change their market ?????
    They rule the market that they specialse in.
    so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT TRY AND CHANGE THIS ! Rim will loose some long standing customers
    The market change began with the introduction of the Pearl. That was the first step geared towards consumers. For the last year or two RIM has made it known that they want to expand beyond the corporate market and even embrace social networking (facebook etc).

    I know where some of you come from though and agree somewhat. I agree that with all the younger and non-biz BB users of late it's changing the BlackBerry brand and appeal. Maybe they needed to create a new brand name for consumers. Similar to Toyota/Lexus or Honda/Acura keeping the luxury models separate. Not as much people would spend $50k on a Honda if when there drive the town there's Honda Civic's all over the place. But with a seperate brand... Acura (the same manufature) it makes the world of differnce, as you know your buying the car because it is somewhat elite and less common.

    An executive can now walk to his car after work and pass a skateboarder with a Pearl or soon the Kickstart. A few years ago when only the larger QWERTY BB's existed that was not the case. Thus, owning a BlackBerry felt more like a work tool than a fad.

  15. #60
    stuart B's Avatar
    stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    The market change began with the introduction of the Pearl. That was the first step geared towards consumers. For the last year or two RIM has made it known that they want to expand beyond the corporate market and even embrace social networking (facebook etc).

    I know where some of you come from though and agree somewhat. I agree that with all the younger and non-biz BB users of late it's changing the BlackBerry brand and appeal. Maybe they needed to create a new brand name for consumers. Similar to Toyota/Lexus or Honda/Acura keeping the luxury models separate. Not as much people would spend $50k on a Honda if when there drive the town there's Honda Civic's all over the place. But with a seperate brand... Acura (the same manufature) it makes the world of differnce, as you know your buying the car because it is somewhat elite and less common.

    An executive can now walk to his car after work and pass a skateboarder with a Pearl or soon the Kickstart. A few years ago when only the larger QWERTY BB's existed that was not the case. Thus, owning a BlackBerry felt more like a work tool than a fad.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •