Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Some people will love these style Blackberries, others won't. Just because they release it doesn't ... Smartphone News forum

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Some people will love these style Blackberries, others won't.
    Just because they release it doesn't mean you have to buy it. Especially if you don't like it.
    They will remain making the bar style Blackberries, so I don't see why so many people are getting so upset by RIM trying to make a variety of styles to fit everyone's needs. They can't make everyone happy with every kind of Blackberry..
    ~Lauren

DoubleM no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    To own a BB is a life style in itself! We are a higher class! We look down upon those with flip phones and dare to be seen holding one. Flip phones are for kids who lives on the other side of the tracks!

DoubleM no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    To own a BB is a life style in itself! We are a higher class! We look down upon those with flip phones and dare to be seen holding one. Flip phones are for kids who live on the other side of the tracks!

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Looks very interesting. I am not sure if its up my alley but can think how a flipberry could have its appeal to others. Rim is doing a good job taking over the wireless world. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by CybaCowboy View Post
    No, no and still no!

RIM, WHATEVER you do, do NOT release a piece of c#@p slider!!!

Take it from someone that has worked in the mobile telecommunications industry for YEARS - sliders ALWAYS fail sooner or later, and have a significantly higher return rate than clamshell/flip-phones!

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~
    Ain;t that the truth. Can't say I can remember how many Sony Ericsson w580i's and Samsung A737's I have in the back inventory room waiting to be shipped back to RLO..Crazyiness. You think every year they have perfected it, but noooo still even more issues. But you never know RIM may be the first ones to be able to pull it off.

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    On my BB, the picture above looks like a slider, and not the flip from the other day. Where's the flip hinge and stuff...maybe it's just that good of a design.

I found the hinge....you see it on the back of the phone. It is the silver rectangle shaped thing on the top
    go on BGR to see it

suprtong no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2498D306
    looks too me as if there may be several colors as well if youlooked at the pics on boy genius!! im currently do for an upgrade but i can hold off for a few until this is released and see it hands on......and if the tmobile reps can keep us posted on potential release dates and $ that would be great!!

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    its pretty slick! i like it, i like it alot!to me its just a pearl 8120 flip phone with an extra screen-nice..........

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I agree. I like it. There will definately be a market for it. Besides, its STILL a BlackBerry!

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i thinks its a bold move by RIM to make this phone. They are doing an excellent job in trying to corner the cell phone market by making this flip style BB. This is obviously aimed at the regular cell phone consumer and is a great way to introduce them to "OUR WoRLD" for all you Bar style BB lovers don't fret the 9000 is on the horizon

mafio78 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    401ec7b4

Thumbs up niceee

~~~ to have one, is to hold one, which i do not ~~~
    ~~~but will it live up to its image? will the flow be choppy or smooth ~~~
    ~~~will just have to wait and see ~~~
    MafiO78...

vaughnq no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20609EF4
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    Some people will love these style Blackberries, others won't.
    Just because they release it doesn't mean you have to buy it. Especially if you don't like it.
    They will remain making the bar style Blackberries, so I don't see why so many people are getting so upset by RIM trying to make a variety of styles to fit everyone's needs. They can't make everyone happy with every kind of Blackberry..
    Lauren is very correct. Look how rim broke into the consumer market with the pearl series. It was an excellent marketing strategy and it worked. There are so many people that don't want anything but a flip phone. Yet they want a berry. Now they can have both.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I remember when laptops failed 10 times or more than desktop PCs. Especially hinges and broken screens. They will always break more because of the usage but let's not under estimate technology. Its so much harder to break well-built laptops now. (Love those IBM hinges and roll-cage.)

What I'm saying is we know RIM = Research and the KickStart as all BB's will be well built. I think the fact that the Pinstack's general user feedback is mostly negative is a good thing as it possibly shows that many flip phone lovers (millions!) do not buy Blackberry. Thus about 80% of current BB users this Berry is NOT for you. We will see those NEW voices appear once this thing is launched.

This is a good move for RIM. Expansion of offerings in this manner help ensure better maintained market lead.

~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vaughnq no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20609EF4
    Good speech Hayden

skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39
    I think this would market well to a lot of business types too. I can't tell you how many business customers who are BB users that I've talked to who've said they wished their screen was better protected to withstand their line of work. Guess what? RIM delivers.

While I will always be in love with my Curve 8320, I'd say if there's a chance to get another one of those horrible Moto RAZR phones off the market in exchange for one of these babies, why not?
    Hi. :D

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast