A newly published BlackBerry patent application describes technology that would let text messages be audibly ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Emotion-based voice readback of text messages described in new patent application

Advertisement

A newly published BlackBerry patent application describes technology that would let text messages be audibly read back to a recipient based on what the app calls "predefined voice characteristic information to represent the sender's voice." The patent app is 20060210028, "System and method for personalized text-to-voice synthesis." -- Full Story

kutdawg no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Emotion-based voice readback of text messages described in new patent application

How cool is that, not only will i have the coolest phone in the world...it will soon be talkin to me....whoo hoo!!!!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Emotion-based voice readback of text messages described in new patent application

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Wow. That's awesome. My wife is realllllly going to jealous. I already sleep with my BB lol.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

That sounds really nice, looking forward to it.

Slim no está en línea Stack level 1

This is not new - There's a piece of software I use for doing just this at the moment. Converts emails and Doc to mp3 audio. It's called MT1 from a company called MagneticTime. Works really well - delighted with it. Check it out.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Slim, Welcome to PinStack.

Does this App do it based on "predefined voice characteristic information to represent the sender's voice."? This is what the patent is about, I think.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi slim, welcome to pinstack.

VoiceOfDave no está en línea Stack level 1

I use that product MT1 all the time for my Emails, and Documents. It’s the best voice I have heard so far. I think it's also going to handle RSS feeds soon, can't wait.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks for the input Voice, we really do appreciate that. And lets not forget to welcome you to our wonderfull website.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

VoiceOfDave, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the info.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Slim no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry Rcbjr - haven't been on in a while. No the app doesn't do the emotion based stuff, which on second reading, I see is what the patent is about - but it does a great job of converting text to speech in mp3. Makes it easier to "listen" to longer docs on my phone, rather thatn review with the small (albeit clear) screen.