A recent survey showed that 54 percent of U.S. air travelers admit to at least ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Duracell Introduces New Products to Keep Powered On-the-Go

Advertisement

A recent survey showed that 54 percent of U.S. air travelers admit to at least one instance of sitting on the floor to charge a device through an airport power outlet. Duracell today introduced two portable power solutions to help people on-the-go stand up to their personal power needs.

The Duracell My Pocket Charger and the Duracell PowerSource Mini are pocket-sized power sources for popular devices such as a cell phone, BlackBerry and MP3 player. They're small and versatile, making them especially convenient for travelers looking for ways to reduce the number of extra cords, chargers and device-specific batteries required for mobile devices. Each My Pocket Charger comes with two Duracell CopperTop AA batteries, and the Duracell PowerSource Mini's lithium-ion battery can be recharged through a lightweight AC charger, through a vehicle's DC socket, or through a computer's USB port.

The Duracell My Pocket Charger is available in two models. One model features a connector for MP3 players and will provide up to 24 hours of music on the latest iPod Nano; the other model features a connector for all BlackBerry models and the newest Motorola phones, and will provide up to one hour of talk time. The Duracell PowerSource Mini includes a mini USB pivot arm that allows users to connect directly to a device without needing to carry a charge cable. A second USB port allows users to power two devices at once.

[read press release]

More Product Info

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    $15, not bad. But I feel like I've seen this product somewhere before, a long long time ago..

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    $15, not bad. But I feel like I've seen this product somewhere before, a long long time ago..
    YES your right this product been around for years !!
    wow look at that guys phone way over do for an upgrade lol
    Mike

peddada no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Is anyone else concerned people on the plane will think your putting together a bomb.

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    Quote Originally Posted by peddada View Post
    Is anyone else concerned people on the plane will think your putting together a bomb.
    Lol, there probably banned on flights like every thing else.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Are these available in stores?

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    LOL I was on the floor at DFW airport not a month ago. However, I would be more inclined to get a larger battery than carry that thing around. Seidio's offerings are much more palatable, and for that thing to be so big and only give you an hour of talk time kind of worries me!
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Are these available in stores?
    You can pick it up online for $14.99 at these 2 sellers:

Comp USA or Tiger Direct

It also says to look for it in stores, but I couldn't find a list of which ones....

I'm definitely considering this, it looks like it wouldn't take up much room in my purse......would be nice for those times where getting to some kind of plug in charger is just not possible.....thanks cherrchiodo
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by VETT98 View Post
    wow look at that guys phone way over do for an upgrade lol
    LOL, I knew that was coming. The 8700 was one trooper of a phone though!

anant no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wouldn't a spare battery solve the problem? It would be much less cumbersome.

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2
    Eveready/Energizer has had one on the market for a while. I've had it for over a year. Works pretty good, too.

lordhavmercy no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have a 8700g running 4.5.0.52 os and I won't trade up because I love the size,the trackwheel, the whole feel of it and the full keypad, the screen size, and I bet mine runs just as fast and good as any of the new ones and I have had mine for a year and a few months now. So don't be talking bad about us.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Well it runs off of batteries, so it could potentially keep your BB running for a long, long time.

You know, if you're the type to carry around a box of 48 AA's.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    That is just crazy. We have something like that at my store and we have recently stocked up on solar and multiple charging pods. Its crazy. I would be really nervous using something like that. Wouldn't want to mess up my device. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Geeze I usually just have a spare battery always in my pocket. But now that I'm carrying 3 berries at the same time ummm I gotta find some solution :P