To apply the Daylight Saving Time patch to your BlackBerry device using USB please reference ... Smartphone News forum

fome no está en línea Stack level 2

DST 2007 Patches for BlackBerry Devices

Advertisement

To apply the Daylight Saving Time patch to your BlackBerry device using USB please reference the following system requirements and follow these steps.
    View the list of currently patched software versions. As more versions are patched this table will be updated appropriately. Note: Patches are not available for Beta software.
    NEW! View the list of currently planned patches for BlackBerry Devices running software earlier than v4.0.0. The planned release date for these patches is February 23 2007.
    • System Requirements:
    • Requires a USB-enabled BlackBerry Device
    • Windows 2000 or higher Operating System
    • Internet Explorer v5.5 or higher (for ActiveX) with JavaScript enabled
    • Local Administrator rights
    • Temporarily allow popups
    • BlackBerry device running v4.0.0 software or higher
    1. To Apply the Patch:
    2. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Software, if it is running on your PC.
    3. Disconnect your BlackBerry Device from your PC. You'll be prompted to reconnect it with the USB cable.
    4. Click here. Note: If Internet Explorer or your Device stops responding please view this article.
    5. A reset may be required and it will usually take up to 15-20 minutes.
    6. Once the patch is applied you can view the status of the patch in Options-2007 DST Patch.
    Want to stay informed of the latest BlackBerry product news and announcements? Join the BlackBerry Owner’s Lounge and subscribe to the BlackBerry Connections Newsletter.
    1. Notes:
    2. Daylight Saving Time patches are available for all BlackBerry devices running version 4.0.0 or newer device software Please refer to your wireless carrier support site to retrieve the latest software for your device. For users with devices on which software version 4.0.0 or newer is not supported, a BlackBerry device upgrade program is available for US and Canada ONLY.
    3. The Daylight Saving Time patch to the BlackBerry software is licensed to you on the same terms and conditions as those under which the BlackBerry software was originally licensed to you.
    If you are an IT Administrator and would like to wirelessly push this patch to your BlackBerry users: You can download the required files here. For IT Administrators who would like to analyze their BES users to see statistics related to the upgrade process for DST please download this tool. NOTE: A reset may be required after the patch is applied and it will usually take up to 15-20 minutes.
    BlackBerry DST Troubleshooting Document: Updating Your BlackBerry Environment to Support DST 2007.
    BES Admin Application Push Reference Document: Deploying DST 2007 Update.

Instructions for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0.x
    • Customers should read the following chapters in the relevant Handheld Management Guide:
    • Chapter 2 - Deploying handhelds (specifically, the Defining Handheld Software configurations section)
    • Chapter 4 - Upgrading handhelds (specifically, the Configure Handheld Software on the administration computer and the Upgrading handheld software sections)
    Instructions for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1.x
    • Customers should read the following chapters in the Administration Guide:
    • Chapter 5 - Making additional BlackBerry device software and applications available to users
    • Chapter 12 - Managing BlackBerry Device Software and wireless applications
    Relevant Knowledge Base articlesToolsSource: Blackberry.com

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: DST patch

what os are you using if you have the latest then the answer is no .

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ings_time.html

Yes, all OS versions should use this...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Nice edit fome!

You can also do it OTA form www.blackberry.com/DST2008/patch, from your BB browser!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

oops sorry i meant to say yes

MykR0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23dfc824

Re: DST 2007 Patches for BlackBerry Devices

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its not really needed

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

It is needed if you plan on syncing with a server or a desktop that has it applied. Otherwise one or the other will be incorrect. You can se your time manually, but its so easy to install / deploy why wouldn't you.

There is a discussion in the BES section for server admins.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

My patch was text to me by T-MO!!!!!!

dlevans06 no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    23F2B4C8

NEW TO BB: WHAT IS A PATCH AND HOW TO YOU GO ABOUT LOADING THESE INTO YOUR BB? ON CINGULAR PLAN WITH EDGE SIGNAL. WOULD LIKE TO UNDERSTAND MORE SO I CAN NOT FEEL CLUELESS ABOUT SOME OF THESE DISCUSSIONS. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT WHEN DST OCCURRED THE PHONES WOULD AUTOMATICALLY CHANGE THE TIME? IS THIS NOT CORRECT WITH BB?

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by dlevans06
    NEW TO BB: WHAT IS A PATCH AND HOW TO YOU GO ABOUT LOADING THESE INTO YOUR BB? ON CINGULAR PLAN WITH EDGE SIGNAL. WOULD LIKE TO UNDERSTAND MORE SO I CAN NOT FEEL CLUELESS ABOUT SOME OF THESE DISCUSSIONS. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT WHEN DST OCCURRED THE PHONES WOULD AUTOMATICALLY CHANGE THE TIME? IS THIS NOT CORRECT WITH BB?
    Welcome dlevans06!
    The patch is for the DST changes for 2007.
    I see on your profile that you have an 8800, if so, your device does not need the patch installed, it already has the update

iTzTeddy no está en línea Stack level 3

Using YOUR BB browser?Iono man what im doing wrong im entering it into the browser like 800 times and it still saids error