Thanks CB.com for digging this up. Earthcomber provides free software, maps, and info, and also ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Download Earthcomber to your BlackBerry

Advertisement

Thanks CB.com for digging this up. Earthcomber provides free software, maps, and info, and also sells some name-brand mobile guides. The service can be accessed through Earthcomber.com, for getting map and info updates, as well as discovering interest groups and tweaking personal favorites to search for. You can also download maps and info directly to handheld devices using the Earthcomber mobile software itself. The service is free.

Use Earthcomber for maps, navigation and traveling directions, for starters. But the real fun and value is using Earthcomber to be your constant lookout for whatever your favorites or needs are. Also, you can use Earthcomber to mark and map places you've been, and to share online with others who might like the same thing. If you have a business, it's very easy to use Earthcomber as a form of direct advertising — you name your specialties, and people looking for what you have will see you pop up when you're within their personal range.

Download now

stressless no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Download Earthcomber to your BlackBerry

Can this can't be installed OTA for us Mac people?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Yes, if you go to mobile.earthcomber.com you can follow the links for OTA.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Got it installed but, I can not change my location. Willl not let me put an address in either.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does this work in the UK too?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Does this FUBAR anyone else's BB when you attempt to run it?

If no, what OS are you using?

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Worked fine on my 8820 - 4.2.2.175, got a GPS location no problem. However, I didn't find it very useful, so I uninstalled it.

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Changing location doesn't work for me either. I have the Curve with the G-Stat puck.

lsimpson no está en línea Stack level 1

Can those who are having problems changing locations or otherwise not working e-mail us at support@earthcomber.com with some details about your problems. In particular, can you tell us what model of BlackBerry you have, the version of Earthcomber that you are running, and the steps to reproduce the problem. The Earthcomber version is available on the Personal tab and then select the version item on the screen. If you haven't gotten the application to run, can you tell us when you downloaded it and whether you downloaded the zip file to your PC to install with Desktop Manager or downloaded over the air directly to your BlackBerry? We are trying very hard to get Earthcomber to run on as many BlackBerry models as possible, but we only have 4 different models in-house for testing, so we need help from those in the user community who have models that don't run Earthcomber successfully. The models that we believe work with Earthcomber are: all of the trackball models (8100 family, 8300 family, 8800 family), the 8700 family, 7520, 7250, and 7290.

Answers to two questions above:
    1. Yes you can install Earthcomber OTA by pointing your BB browser to mobile.earthcomber.com and follow the prompts to download Earthcomber.
    2. No, we do not have data or maps for the UK, although providing data beyond US borders is in our long term plans.