Online market research firm Crowd Science put together a report on the habits of people ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Don't tweet and drive: study reveals Twitter users' habits

Advertisement

Online market research firm Crowd Science put together a report on the habits of people who use Twitter versus those who mostly use other social media and, well, the most unsettling fact is the amount of users who tweet from their cars.

It turns out that one in every ten users in the last 30 days admitted they've tweeted while they were behind the wheel. And 29 percent of the interviewees said they've used Twitter from a car at some point in the past.

Crowd Science also found that almost 60 percent of people have tweeted during work hours, 17 percent from a restroom and eight percent from a movie theater or live performance. I know, they sound like strange or inappropriate places to update your Twitter account, but then again, what constitutes a good place to tweet?

read more: sfgate.com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't tweet and drive, but I have been guilty of tweeting while in church
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    I know....

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I won't tweet and drive, but I will tweet while at a stop light if it has just turned red. I make sure to pay attention though so I don't hold up traffic when the light turns green. A local news station just recently reported on our Transportation department Tweeting about road closures, wrecks, etc, and asked what people thought about it. Whether it was helpful or distracting. I don't think they ever came to a conclusion except saying make sure you check your tweets before you get in the car.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't tweet or text while driving and since my lovely Storm absolutely LOVES to freeze while I type messages, I don't have to resist the urge to tell all right at that moment. Guess I should throw down some money to pay for the premiere services of Vlingo so I can speak my messages and email.

LGillyBR no está en línea Stack level 1
    It is a terrible problem - worse than Drinking and Driving

Getting worse everyday

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I don't tweet and drive, but I have been guilty of tweeting while in church
    LOL im just as guilty! and yeah im guilty of tweetin while driving also....no bueno

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    Well I don't drive. But I tweet and walk!
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzleman716 View Post
    Do you remember this one? http://vodpod.com/watch/1891076-teen-girl-falls-in-open-manhole-while-texting
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzleman716 View Post
    I'm guilty of this. I constantly run into people in the halls. They just laugh. I think some run into me intentionally.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    I'm guilty of this. I constantly run into people in the halls. They just laugh. I think some run into me intentionally.

this happened to me the other day but not pleasant. The person was leaning on the floor she looked up tried to get up and almost got me in the gonads. Nawt a cool thing to do. texting while walking/texting while sidewalk crossing/ etc ...nawt bloody good. We're isht outta luck I guess.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?