Companies are being warned to make sure they correctly configure BlackBerrys - or risk weakening ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Don't forget to secure your BlackBerry, companies reminded

Advertisement

Companies are being warned to make sure they correctly configure BlackBerrys - or risk weakening their IT security.

Internet security consultancy company NTA Monitor says recent testing showed that organizations are still failing to ensure the smart phone devices are locked down.

Also see: [Read More]

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Excellent article. Our policy forces a lock password of six characters with a max lockout time of one hour. If the password is incorrectly typed five times it will automatically wipe the device. So far we've only had one blackberry stolen and a couple misplaced, but the wipe handheld option from the BES is a great feature to have.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

cookieberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~i agree on this. I started a new job today and I remembered the forum focusing on network security and how all, even mem card info is available, this is pretty serious and I'm just glad my IT team is allowing the use of a bb but with strict guidelines.