Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just wonder how much time I will be spending in there ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... Smartphone News forum

fuentes01a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3188C681

Advertisement

I just wonder how much time I will be spending in there

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Don't we already have an application store with mobile.blackberry.com ?

Don't we already have stock BB shopping icons for buying ring tones. music, multimedia, etc?

I think where iPhone and iTunes wins is with presentation. Look at that beautiful big iPhone screen, the pretty application thumbnails, a unified shopping model and installation procedure.

BB users have just as many if not more choices with aftermarket add-ons. We just don't have a pretty unified model for searching, finding and installing them.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I agree with you Cherri on the App Store. For those that prefer the hide and seek adventures, I'm sure there will be an abundance of 3rd party apps for you.

I must say that i did purchase a iphone this past weekend, and so far my assessment is summed up to a huge WOW!

I am testing the Mobile Me application through my business and I am floored. Being able to wireless sync (No tethering at all) my MS Office apps,get push email on my iPhone; Office; Laptop; Home computer for such a low cost (No server investments and no raping me out of $80 per device for BES).

Ok so YouTube.........flawless. I will stop here on the praise for the iphone for now, because at the end of the day I can still count on my Berry. We just need Rim to step up to the plate before Apple gets to far ahead and become the new Microsoft.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I love the app store on my iPhone... its wonderful to have everything I could possibly be looking for in one spot

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarkowitz View Post
    Don't we already have an application store with mobile.blackberry.com ?

Don't we already have stock BB shopping icons for buying ring tones. music, multimedia, etc?
    if you mean the carrier specific service book "mall" icons, that's not the same. those aren't RIM related, but based on different carriers. att pushes around 10 of those thru ... and they take you to att, not RIM.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    well now, no. I am already used to searching here on pinstack and the net. We don't need the store.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that would be amazing. With staff on hand that would be able to assist with each provider. That would have ecery program available. The ability to troubleshoot and run training classes. Just about every accessory. That would be amazing.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Apple's hit the business running. Money. Talent. Agressiveness.
    Cherri's idea is a good one. RIM needs to jump start their 3rd party development fund and
    market them thru mobileblackberry.com.
    Trouble is that RIM hasn't been that cooperative or accomodating toward developers, uses an antiquated platform, and the JDE language, which continues to drive talent to Android and Apple in droves.
    Those who've successfully great progs such as BBSmart Pandora have thrown in the towel and started to devote their talents toward Apple software development.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Its, not a bad idea.

DCorrea702 no está en línea Stack level 2
    See... I think it should JUST LIKE THE IPHONE... RIM should put an app on there OS by default and have everything in one place. There u can find apps, themes, wallpaper, games, etcm for free or for $$$... But at least that way it would be easier for everyone to find what they're looking for. Now I wonder... Can that actually happen???

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    it could actually happen
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

moneymark33 no está en línea Stack level 1
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/builtfo...y/all_apps.jsp

This has been here for a while. I think the best apps to get you have to search for.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ya, those seem to be only alliance/partners with RIM ^^

not the same as an app store

SimonSage no está en línea Device Pro
    I agree with you, Pipewerkz, and would do you one better: take a look at RIM's massive BlackBerry Solutions Catalog. RIM is already doing a lot in order to improve discoverability, but it's really hard to beat an all-encompassing app that comes preloaded on every device. The fact is, at this point there are so many BlackBerry developers out there that have already become entrenched in their own delivery channels (either proprietary or third party), which makes it a very tricky proposition to funnel them all into a single RIM-owned entity. Even long-time Alliance members would have a thing or two to say if such a system were imposed on them.

Also, we're probably going to be making this topic our weekly contest tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12