Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was thinking the same thing when I first got wind of the Apple App ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Does RIM need an App Store?

Advertisement

I was thinking the same thing when I first got wind of the Apple App Store... RIM needs to do the SAME thing! That would change our Blackberry experience dramatically. No more looking all over the net for apps. They would be in once place for everyone! But ... I digress. Its probably something I should add to my ever growing wishlist to RIM

[original article via bbcool]
    We’re not going to show you the rest of the comic (for that, you’ll have to head to The Joy of Tech, which is a must-read anyways), but the snippet presented above does raise an interesting question: how big of a factor is Apple’s Apps Store in the ongoing smartphone wars? Would it benefit the RIM ecosystem to have a all-in-one shop for productivity, lifestyle and entertainment applications? Post a comment and let us know what you think.
    [comic via The Joy of Tech]

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Would be a very smart move by RIM to do this, seeing the client-following it has.

twitcheffect no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208C26AD
    RIM should create an all in one shop... That would be awesome. No more going around trying to find some app that only one site is holding hostage or a theme that you just cant find around.... plus ringtones just for your berry ( loud enough to hear without editing it somewhere) ..... RIM should listen to us about this
    life in insanity

pipewerkz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FA9856
    Isn't that kinda like mobile.blackberry.com?

You want a like on you home screen? Someone could hook that up I'm sure.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JohnnieP no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Where is your sense of adventure. I enjoy hunting for new software. Sometimes I find things I didn't know existed.

ag_one80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    To simply put it.Yes!!!it would be a lot easier to get apps.as much as don't mind looking in the web,it would make it a lot easier for new users,and season vets.i wouldn't mind if RIM dedicated a place just for apps.but I guess the main question is.is it going to be free?

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    My question is - would the apps still be free? I've found some cool free ones, would someone have to pay for the same program just because it's in an app store?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    It would be a good idea.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

ftx437 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2454c8a2
    My big thing is (from what i understand) that apples app store is controlled by apple, they say what comes in and what is sold in the end..And if i wanted to provide an app i would have to get "approval" from apple to do so. If rim was to maybe have a market place type place that you could register with (kindda like a flea market or ebay type thing) and then sell what ever apps you wanted i think that would be a good idea..but not to have to go threw rim to sell an app

(i have no idea if that makes any sense)

Jazzyl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521CB60
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well I'm also for the app store it will be much easier for all crackberry addicts to know where to get everything in one place......RIM should consider this is will make our lives easier

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by ftx437 View Post
    My big thing is (from what i understand) that apples app store is controlled by apple, they say what comes in and what is sold in the end..And if i wanted to provide an app i would have to get "approval" from apple to do so. If rim was to maybe have a market place type place that you could register with (kindda like a flea market or ebay type thing) and then sell what ever apps you wanted i think that would be a good idea..but not to have to go threw rim to sell an app

(i have no idea if that makes any sense)
    Very interesting idea!
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I rather not hunt! I rather ask a question and RIM would have the answer right away. It doesn't matter what question I ask.

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pipewerkz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FA9856
    I think there are plenty of certified apps available from Blackberry

Goto www.blackberry.com and click Software. There are apps by category: Sports, News, Games & Entertainment, Lifestyle, Travel & Weather, Navigation and Mapping.

This is also the same as going to mobile.blackberrry.com on your phone and clicking Applications, there are even more categories than on www.blackberry.com.

These are approved apps. There will always be underground and private developers making apps for Blackberry, just like with the iPhone apps - not every app you need will be in the app store, a lot users will search and search everywhere for them.

Short and Simply - Doesn't RIM already have kind of an "App Store"

ldcmobile no está en línea Stack level 1
    The app store is the killer. The question becomes could RIM support it from a bandwith/load aspect, collecting fees and distribution of payments, etc Apple already had great experience with all those things with the iTunes store

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    well, mobile.blackberry.com is a start ... sortof.

but if you haven't been in the PS download section (which ONLY offers free apps) then you aren't understanding what the OP is about. Free or paid, it would be nice for them to create something like the app store.

and for those of you questioning apple's app store, if you are a developer and wish to post apps (regardless of whether your app is free or paid) you pay apple X amount of dollars and you now have the ability to post your stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast