Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I think my excessive use of the Blackberry the last few years has just increased ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Do you suffer from *Blackberry Thumb*?

Advertisement

I think my excessive use of the Blackberry the last few years has just increased the inflamation of carpel tunnel ... waking up with numb thumbs and fingers. Its every morning for the past five years. Does it stop my use of the PC or my BB? Heck NO! Is it painful? Ya, sometimes...

Blackberry Thumb represents a multitude of problems. The one thing all of the patients with this have in common is overuse (aka repetitive stress) and inflammation. The end result is swollen, painful joints, tendons or nerves. If you have pain, tingling, numbness or triggering (catching or locking of fingers) then you may have a problem. Don't be too quick to blame it on a computerized device. The device probably accelerated the onset of these problems. Remember the tire analogy; ultimately all tires will wear out no matter how much you drive.

read complete article here

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    I think I do

It won't stop me from BB'in though

aleano75 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    me either!!! when i first got my Pearl, my thumb cracked *skin really split*...it hurt but didnt stop the addiction...just had to toughen it up a bit! lol

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i sometimes get a bad cramp that goes from the joint of my thumb to my wrist.. nothing a pull back and crack cant fix. but i wonder how it will feel when im 80 tapping away texts to edna and charles to see if they want to go to the senior center and for a mall walk uht ohhhh.... lol.. but for now no pain is going to stop me... on thing that happened that was detrimental at work once i slice the center of my thumb open.... ohhhhhh boy... i was one hand left typing for about a week. my god watch over mine and all my fellow blackberry thumbs. lol
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

cpk3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I consider using my blackberry exercise for my thumbs...

I have had a Blackberry, or other PDA qwerty Keyboard device for the past 4 years. I must be one of the lucky ones to not suffer any of these things.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Perfect shirt for the BB ladies:
    http://www.cafepress.com/pinstack.41996885

On the back it says "My thumbs but a bit, but who cares!..."

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have that shirt!!!

I'm with you nicky!! I'll be txt'ing my friends to meet up at the new senior center soon enough we can all complain about our thumbs hurting together ;-P

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ 14 to 16 hours per day for me here. I'm with everyone else who said their thumbs hurt when switching to the Pearl at first. Its been 15 months now and its gotten better. I still have to force myself to take breaks. But now that my home internet connection is down (calling AT&T later today to find out what's up) , my BB has become more useful. I should have just stuck with using my BB as my modem LOL

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I have calusis! Numb-on-the-thumb! Don't feel a thing any more.....

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Mine must be exercise because I feel no pain.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Sometimes addictions can block neural reception to the brain and block pain...via BB!

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think pain will never hinder us from picking up our BlackBerries. The moment we realize that it plays a big part in our daily live's is the realization of our addiction to it. I think it's more painful to not have it. Good luck to all us BlackBerry addicts.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Between my blackberry and my xbox I'm pretty sure I've got it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    When the thumbs get worn. I switch to my index finger for a short time, then back to the thumbs.

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3
    My 8700 with the click-wheel gave me problems but I'm ok now with the Curve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast