We all have email In-boxes. Now store IM's & SMS also. Free message backup system ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Dexrex free add-on for archiving IM & SMS messages on BlackBerry

Advertisement

We all have email In-boxes. Now store IM's & SMS also.

Free message backup system and web inbox service that allows BlackBerry users to instantly archive their SMS (text) messages. Point your BlackBerry to http://www.dexrex.com/mget to download Dexrex for BlackBerry. Dexrex for BlackBerry archives SMS messages to a web account accessible from any internet-enabled device. Once logged in, account holders can access their messages for personal reference, forwarding, and browsing.

The Dexrex for BlackBerry service is available for consumer and enterprise BlackBerry users with OS versions 4.2.1 and higher. Going forward, the company promises expanding support and continuing development of new features for account holders. In addition to this service, Dexrex offers free, real-time archiving of Instant Messenger conversations from every major IM network

[Read More]

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    This looks pretty cool. Thanks!
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Very Interesting...Thanks Hayden!
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

hpak no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been looking for a SMS/MMS manager. Guess I'll try this out. I don't know why RIM doesn't have a manager built in like most other companies.

playa4life5794 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Do you think this could fix the lack of mms capability on the sprint blackberries~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    It barely handles the SMS - hard to navigate- I deleted it - am gonna wait til they get BB friendly for real.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984
    this software works well when it is connected to the server.
    once the software loses connection with the server, it does not archive the messages that were reveived during the interuption.

the online interface is preety slick and informative..

one gripe is the inablility to have an "address book" feature on the website.
    i simple shows you the phone numbers and the sms's associated with it.

pro-does not drain your batttery when connected, or should i say insignificant battery drainage.

will post more upon subsequent indepth testing.

dexrexllc no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hayden, thanks for the post! I'm the Evangelist for Dexrex, and just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. We are working on a few things to improve the experience on BlackBerries, and would love to get more feedback.

What have you all enjoyed about the SMS backup service? What would you like to see? Please feel free to drop us a line at http://www.dexrex.com/Contact.php.

~ Cristos

Quote Originally Posted by mcm180 View Post
    It barely handles the SMS - hard to navigate- I deleted it - am gonna wait til they get BB friendly for real.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    @ MCM: I'm the Evangelist for Dexrex, and just wanted to ask about your experience with the SMS backup. What did you find hard to navigate? We want to make Dexrex as easy-to-use as possible, so we always welcome more feedback. Feel free to reply on this thread, or drop us a line at http://www.dexrex.com/Contact.php.

~ Cristos

Quote Originally Posted by trinybwoy View Post
    this software works well when it is connected to the server.
    once the software loses connection with the server, it does not archive the messages that were reveived during the interuption.

the online interface is preety slick and informative..

one gripe is the inablility to have an "address book" feature on the website.
    i simple shows you the phone numbers and the sms's associated with it.

pro-does not drain your batttery when connected, or should i say insignificant battery drainage.

will post more upon subsequent indepth testing.
    @ trinybwoy: We're glad to hear that you're giving Dexrex a thorough examination. This is our first release on the BlackBerry, and we welcome all the feedback we can get to make the application better.

Adding "Address Book" capture is very high on our to-do list, right after improving international support. Expanded international support will be added within the next week, so address book support should be out by early July.

Right now, Dexrex Extensions *should* be caching SMS messages that are sent/received when it loses connection with the server. It then sends them to the server when it reconnects -- at least, that's the way it was designed.

Since that clearly isn't working for you, do you mind sending us a debug log? You can send it by:
    1. Open the Dexrex Extensions application
    2. Type "578" into the program. It will change to a "debug" screen.
    3. Click the BlackBerry button, and choose "Send to Dexrex"
    We'll take a look at it right away, and post back here when we figure out the problem.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Quote Originally Posted by dexrexllc View Post
    @ MCM: I'm the Evangelist for Dexrex, and just wanted to ask about your experience with the SMS backup. What did you find hard to navigate? We want to make Dexrex as easy-to-use as possible, so we always welcome more feedback. Feel free to reply on this thread[/url].

~ Cristos
    Only because your name is Cristos which happens to be tha name of a very good friend of mine from Cyprus- lol-

Uhm let's see - I may have some things wrong feel free to correct me- for the sake of the greater good and benefit of anyone else reading.... I wasn't able to easily find where my archived messages were stored- is it on a separate server? The website? My device? My memory card? Do I have access to them can I delete any one of them once they've been archived? ----- can I only save IM convo's that I have on my device? Cuz I only skype on my laptop? What about my AIM at work- where I can't install new apps? That's all 4 now- thnx for being so diligent though. If only all BB apps and sites had their own Cristos- the BB community would be a better place - hehehe keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by mcm180 View Post
    Only because your name is Cristos which happens to be tha name of a very good friend of mine from Cyprus- lol-

Uhm let's see - I may have some things wrong feel free to correct me- for the sake of the greater good and benefit of anyone else reading.... I wasn't able to easily find where my archived messages were stored- is it on a separate server? The website? My device? My memory card? Do I have access to them can I delete any one of them once they've been archived? ----- can I only save IM convo's that I have on my device? Cuz I only skype on my laptop? What about my AIM at work- where I can't install new apps? That's all 4 now- thnx for being so diligent though. If only all BB apps and sites had their own Cristos- the BB community would be a better place - hehehe keep up the good work.
    Well, I'm glad you have such a good opinion of people named Cristos! I'll try to live up to the reputation :-)

Sorry about the confusion finding your messages. I'll make sure we add more specific directions to our site and in the application, to avoid that in the future. SMS messages are archived to a Dexrex server, and can be accessed from the website at http://www.dexrex.com. At the moment, you'll need to log in with an Instant Messenger screen name. We're working on a system to let you log in with a phone number, and it should be up within a week.

There is also a set of Dexrex Extensions for your computer, and those will let you archive your Skype conversations. The easiest thing is probably for you to log in at http://www.dexrex.com with your Skype screen name. Then you can link your phone number to that account (in the bottom right-hand corner of the Home page) after you log in.

For now, you need to have permission to install applications on a computer in order to add Dexrex Extensions (so you won't be able to install them at work). I'll talk to our developers and see if there are any workarounds, though.

~ Cristos

(please delete this post -- duplicate post)
    Last edited by dexrexllc; 06-27-2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: duplicate post

Dexrex Extensions for BlackBerry (redux) is out of beta!

A few months ago, we released the first version of Dexrex Extensions for BlackBerry. A lot of you had questions about it, so we took your feedback and went back to the drawing board. This is the fruit of our labors, and we hope you like it!

When we released the original version, some international users experienced problems installing the application. We fixed that in the back-end, and took it a step further by adding a setup wizard to guide users through the configuration process. Also, users can now create an account with their phone number if you don't want to capture your IM history as well.

Feel free to check out the new version at our website, dexrex.com -- just click on the link that says "BlackBerry Users Click Here".

You can also drop me a line with your thoughts at clc@dexrex.com if you have any questions.

~ Cristos