Analysts agree that Dell would have to go beyond the Apple iPhone, the RIM BlackBerry, ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Dell's to join in on the Smartphone race, it Better Be Spectacular

Advertisement

Analysts agree that Dell would have to go beyond the Apple iPhone, the RIM BlackBerry, and the upcoming Palm Pre.

Dell is reportedly working on a smartphone that the computer maker could introduce as early as this month, but if the company has any hope for success in the fiercely competitive market, its phone will have to go beyond good. It will have to be "spectacular," analysts say.

The Wall Street Journal on Jan. 30 reported that Dell engineers have been working for more than a year on the device and have built prototypes on Google's Android operating system and Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT)'s Windows Mobile software. Quoting people familiar with the matter, the newspaper said one model would include a touch screen, but no physical keyboard, like Apple's iPhone; while the other would have a keypad that slides from beneath the screen.

[Read More]

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I hope they know what they getting themselves into. They are real good at putting out some powerful PC's; but can they really tackle the mobile phone industry.
    Well I can't wait to see what they are cooking up other than the Alienware phone.

Good looks on the article Hayden.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I think that Dell has held out on this for a while to see what it was up against...I hope they didn't just decide to jump in. They had the lead back in the pre-iphone days. (OS, Memory, Processor, Expansion) Then the dropped out and fell back. Wisdom or Duuuuuuhhhhhh??? I do not know.

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Maybe we should all go buy dell axim's

O wait...lol
    ~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    lol! No, not quite. They still had their issues....Windows Mobile!!!!!!! Google now? Hmmmmmm?
    Last edited by Jbee; 02-02-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: format

penpen72 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Having a crap Dell laptop and having had a crap WinMo phone.....the thought of both in 1package.......***shudders***~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by penpen72 View Post
    Having a crap Dell laptop and having had a crap WinMo phone.....the thought of both in 1package.......***shudders***~via smartphone~
    Yeah! That processors(laptop) is not all what they say. And WM...don't get me started. Maybe they are turning a new leaf. Then again, maybe the CEO is smokin' crack. Hmmmm?
    Last edited by Jbee; 02-02-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: edit