At next week’s CTIA Wireless Show, Opera Software will unveil Opera Mini for iPhone. Opera ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

CTIA 2010: Opera to showcase latest mobile products for iPhone & Android

Advertisement

At next week’s CTIA Wireless Show, Opera Software will unveil Opera Mini for iPhone. Opera will also be showcasing its latest Opera Mini 5 product running on the Android platform thus bringing fast browsing and a full feature set to two of the world’s fastest-growing mobile platforms.

The pre-submission iPhone version was first debuted at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last month and will be on display at the Opera booth for all to see.

Final versions of Opera Mini 5 and Opera Mobile 10 will also be on display on many of today’s most popular handset platforms, including Symbian S60, Windows Mobile 6.5, J2ME and RIM Blackberry. Both products were released earlier this week, bringing Opera’s new user interface and feature set to market.

For the telecom and mobile industry, in addition to the products and demos listed above, Opera will showcase a number of Opera Widgets and cross-platform solutions, as well as conducting real-world speed tests across multiple handsets, to showcase Opera’s latest Carakan JavaScript engine, the Opera Presto 2.5 rendering engine and Opera Turbo compression technology.

CTIA Wireless will be held from March 22–25 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Visit Opera at Booth #6767 in North Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center.

For more information about Opera, visit http://www.opera.com/.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have been playing around with the Opera Mini beta 5 for Android, it renders pages quickly & works well for downloads that the native browser does not allow. But just like the BlackBerry version of Opera, there is no integration with the native functions of the OS. Hitting the menu softkey does nothing but show or hide the URL/search bar, there is no share option for links. It's handy to have, but without integration with native Android features, it would never be my main browser.

Hoping they get an Android version of Opera Mobile 10 out soon so I can try it
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    @Azstar how did you like the font on the Mini Beta 5, to me it just looked to much like one of the fonts used on the first BB curve, and I just couldn't take it, installed and uninstalled within a couple hours, it just brought back flashbacks of my BB days had me wondering when the hourglass was gonna show up...

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Love the speed of Opera and nothing else. Xscope is my browser of choice right now. I like the stock browser the best but this one is starting to win me over. It sure cost me enough, but it is quality.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE53) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    OMFG!!!! Opera on my iPhone? Wooooooot...no way! I thought i couldn't get any better. I guess I was wrong
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    @DjSmooth the font doesnt bug me too much, if I start seeing phantom hourglasses I'll let you know lol.

@rdills xscope is not bad eaith, been using Dolphin since the weekend I got my Droid so I'm used to it.....right now I have the native plus the 3 3rd party browsers all installed.

Another strike against Opera....it does not show up as one of the browser choices when opening links from email, twitter, etc. Boo!

@raton I really wish you would show a bit more enthusiasm, quit holding back like that, it's not good for you lol
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post

@raton I really wish you would show a bit more enthusiasm, quit holding back like that, it's not good for you lol
    Oh be nice Az!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!