Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by jblackfish ...unless you're outside the US and that rule doesn't apply outside ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    ...unless you're outside the US and that rule doesn't apply outside the US - then it matters, right? Just trying to get it all straight.
    Exactly. Since the number is already free inside the US.

AshDizzle no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm sorry but this is just worthless for BlackBerry. What is the point? Most people use skype so they don't use minutes, and granted if you are on a MyFaves-ish network like Alltel, VZW and T-Mob, it might be cool, but for those on AT&T it's worthless. I understand that you can make cheap international calls from the US out to other countries, but personally I don't really use it for that. In that sense it can help out.

I see the main point of Skype MOBILE being the fact that you can be on the 64.99 int'l plan and make calls over 3G/Wi-Fi without exorbitant roaming fees - this is what I do on my FUZE. One of the coolest things is Skype video chat too, why isn't this included?

This is a complete disappointment to me.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by AshDizzle View Post
    ...............This is a complete disappointment to me.
    I have to say I am disappointed too, Ash. At this point it looks like either 1) a cheap international calling software package if you're outside the US, OR 2) maybe a foreign SIM depending on your circumstances, OR 3) just using wi-fi for calling (if that's possible) and letting it use your minutes would be just as good or better for us BB users.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Lets hope that since launch is not till May that they change it and enable VOIP over mobile data plans and also WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Lets hope that since launch is not till May that they change it and enable VOIP over mobile data plans and also WiFi.
    Let's hope so! As it stands, the announced Skype release for the Blackberry is a "non-product" IMO.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

AshDizzle no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Definitely. I don't mean to sound like a crybaby, but I feel like the BlackBerry community got the short end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by AshDizzle View Post
    Definitely. I don't mean to sound like a crybaby, but I feel like the BlackBerry community got the short end of the stick.
    we didnt even the the short end of the stick we got "free falling(not a typo)"

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I already use the dial in number for calling international from the US with SKYe. This can be done from any phone today. So how is the application special for a blackberry. I was expecting a similar system to the one released on th IPhone otherwise why have it?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Hopefully, Skype is "listening."

bobcw no está en línea Stack level 2
    I see no personal need for Skype on BB. Someone can probably benefit from it, but not me, and apparently not others either. I guess tmo/uma has really spoiled me.

n0130185 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a tmobile and A BB curve + my plan is unlimited calls anytime but only in the US so if I make skype calls then i wont be charged but if someone calls me through skype then i will be charged for sure... right?

IronHide no está en línea Stack level 1
    Gotta say that I was REALLY excited about Skype coming to Blackberry as I have been an avid Skype fan for years.
    Most of my Family are scattered all over the Globe and Skype is a lifesaver.
    When I finally made the switch from WM to BB a couple of years ago, the ONE thing I lamented was the lack of a dedicated Skype App.
    Now, having learned what is to come, this Flat-out SUCKS!!
    Between RIM or Skype, whomever is responsible for this travesty, if they are listening: THIS IS ABSOLUTE, UNMITIGATED BS!
    How in heck do you release a Skype App for Blackberry that dials a freakin' number??
    I, like Hayden, live in Antigua, which would mean that ANY and EVERY call I made on Skype would be charged as an overseas call!! What utter nonsense!
    Somebody definitely dropped the ball on that one........sorry about the rant..had to get it out....I'm really pissed!
    It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    BB users have been requesting a SKYPE application from SKYPE for several years now. There have been comments that the BB does not have a fast enough processor for it to work, or that the connection is not fast enough. The Bold, storm and 8900 should all be fast enough now. The SKype application as released on the Iphone is brilliant for international travel to stay in contact over WIFI. We need this for blackberry, or a similar application from another provider!
    We have all been let down by this release

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think it's almost useless to have an application that excelled at something not doing that something. :P

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I almost wish I had an IPhone . It seems that the carriers are scared of loosing too much money and denied SKYPE the capability of working on WIFI on Blackberry'd
    Could it be a conspiracy to sell more IPhones? Or just a belief that since Blackberry's are used by more companies they can afford to pay the extra for the calls?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast