Starting next week, Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), will team-up with the U.S. Environmental Protection ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

CTIA 09: Samsung Mobile & EPA Join Together at CTIA to Encourage Recycling

Advertisement

Starting next week, Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), will team-up with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Plug-In To eCycling program to encourage cell phone recycling during Plug-In To eCycling National Cell Phone Recycling Week, April 6-12. Samsung Mobile will be handing out mobile phone recycling envelopes at the Samsung Mobile booth at CTIA Wireless 2009, leading up to the official kick-off of the EPA’s program on April 6.

We encourage you to stop by the booth and pick up a mobile phone recycling envelope to “ecycle” your cell phone, and learn more about Samsung Mobile’s participation with the EPA’s Plug-In To eCycling National Cell Phone Recycling Week.

Samsung Mobile’s Take-Back recycling program is a part of Samsung Recycling Direct SM which allows consumers to recycle both Samsung-branded and non-Samsung branded consumer electronics for no fee throughout all 50 U.S. states. AT&T, Samsung, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless are supporting this nationwide effort with special promotions highlighting cell phone recycling.

For a complete list of program partners who support this nationwide effort, please visit: www.epa.gov/cellphones.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm glad to see this and I hope people use it instead of just throw old, useless phones in the trash.

If you don't want to recycle your old handset: there are also places to donate phones in most communities (and the internet) to abused women's shelters, rehad organizations, etc. That's a great thing to do with your old phone too IMO.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    The last time I had a whole slew of old handsets to get rid of, we donated them to a bank here in our office complex who was collecting them for abused women and children living in homes. They could be used to call 911, which is all they wanted them for.

That is a great idea though.

I have a bunch of 8703's and a couple 8830's just sitting around that I don't know what to do with either.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    .........I have a bunch of 8703's and a couple 8830's just sitting around that I don't know what to do with either.
    I guess the thing to do would be list them on Pinstack and try to sell or trade them, or for sale on eBay or whatever and, if they don't sell, donate them too.

There's way too much "old" electronic gear in the world and almost nothing to do with it - I'm point and shoot camera poor. (Anyone want to buy a used Nikon in mint condition? )
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com