Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PCworld compared the two-year total cost of ownership for eight of today's hottest smartphones, and ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Cost comparison: Owning a Smartphone

Advertisement

PCworld compared the two-year total cost of ownership for eight of today's hottest smartphones, and found that among the top-selling models there's really not much of a price difference at all. The winners... the Palm Pre from Sprint and HTC G1 on T-Mobile's network. Both of course are not top sellers but are making good rounds.

Read More

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Smartphones aren't as pricey as some think it is. One day everyone will own a smartphone (Hopefully BlackBerry)

chrisbc no está en línea Stack level 2
    This comparison seems slightly tilted in favor of the iPhone imo. BlackBerries can be had at many different rate plans with much lower price points than the $149 quoted. For example, one of my BlackBerries is on a $15/mo plan (very limited plan, but it works).

iPhone plans aren't as flexible.
    The maker of Viira: GTD BlackBerry app

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It looks as tho they used the unlimited plans for each of the newest phones but i noticed they left out the 3GS 32Gb? That will cost a person another $100 at minimum.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbc View Post
    This comparison seems slightly tilted in favor of the iPhone imo. BlackBerries can be had at many different rate plans with much lower price points than the $149 quoted. For example, one of my BlackBerries is on a $15/mo plan (very limited plan, but it works).

iPhone plans aren't as flexible.
    Isn't the iPhone 3GS the most expensive listed?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I also noticed that they skipped a blackberry on T-Mobile or Sprint (although I don't think much would have changed).

Zo

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Ummm...almost everything over a two year period will amount to some big number like the O.P. Take grocery shopping for instance or even gas expenses or even coffee over a two year period. or even try chewing gum. sigh...
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

dirtypirate no está en línea Stack level 2
    Doesn't consider the resale value of the units after the two year "contract" life. Both of the so called winners won't hold any value.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Tmobile has always seemed to have the best prices. So why did I switch to AT&T again????

chrisbc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Isn't the iPhone 3GS the most expensive listed?
    It is, though it comes within $50 from the AT&T Curve 8900 and the Verizon Storm. Given the overall amount, this $50 comes out looking negligible.
    The maker of Viira: GTD BlackBerry app

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    T-Mobile and sprint are the cheapest but the plan I have is cheaper than listed and I have T-Mobile. We have a family plan with shared minutes and unlimited days for our 2 BlackBerry phones and our price is still cheaper than the individual listed for T-Mobile. It does make you look at what you're getting and think about whether it is a need to have it. But barring no income at all I gotta keep my BB with everything included. Makes me not want to switch carriers tho!

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You probably are on the loyalty plan which is not available to new customers so it would make the comparison irrellivant (sp?) for those interested in switching providers.

Zo

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am on the loyalty plan (unlimited mins for $49.99) unlimited BIS and texting and my bill is around $100 every month. But the reason I want to switch is because I am having reception issues in places I don't normally have problems (at home for example). Also, I am looking at going to a dual keypad phone with access to social networking apps. Anything like that in the future for T-Mo?
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 07-17-2009 at 09:30 PM.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Nothing that they have officially announced but I can't see T-Mobile staying on the sidelines while all three of the other major carriers comes out with something similar. I would not be surprised to see either a Samsung or HTC device with those capabilities in the near future (just speculation on my part). Phonescoop has been a pretty reliable source for seeing what is up ahead for the US.

Zo

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yeah I do like the Samsung Exclaim but it's on Sprint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast