Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

This app looks so freaking awesome! I cannot wait... Just a question: does anybody think ... Smartphone News forum

phenyx923 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

This app looks so freaking awesome! I cannot wait...

Just a question: does anybody think you need voice-activated dialing on ur phone to use this? I ask because I remove VAD to creat more memory space...

Thanks!!

mrseal2000 no está en línea Stack level 2
    So far i think this program gets a 7.5/10 it makes few mistakes and can do Alot of things. One thing i have noticed it does not like opening programs that are not generic within the blackberry. Such as windows live messenger and pretty much anything that isnt tasks, calender or address book. Lol.

Hannon no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannon View Post
    Ok first problem, I've set all my permissions to Allow but i still get this message

Sorry, the following required permission are still not set : Connections. Company Network.

I'm on BIS so don't have a company netwrok.

Any ideas ? Cant seem to find anything on Vlingos help section.
    Still can't get permissions to work....I take it i can use this in UK or is it just a USA app ?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    That is one Sweet App!

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Still can't get permissions to work....I take it i can use this in UK or is it just a USA app ?
    I have this problem too and I'm in the USA. I was really looking forward to this too... oh well such is life.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok first problem, I've set all my permissions to Allow but i still get this message

Sorry, the following required permission are still not set : Connections. Company Network.

I'm on BIS so don't have a company netwrok.

Any ideas ? Cant seem to find anything on Vlingos help section.
    The setup process should correctly set the permissions that you need to run vlingo. However, in some cases we find that it is necessary to manually set them. This can happen as a result of a variety of causes.

Depending on what caused the problem in your case, there are a couple different possible fixes. The easiest fix is to manually set all of the permissions for vlingo to "Allow." If you have a company BlackBerry, your administrator may have restricted some of the permissions so you might need to set them one by one.

To manually set your permissions:

1. Open your BlackBerry Options screen, choose "Advanced Options", and then choose "Applications".
    2. Scroll down to "vlingo" and press your Menu key. Then choose "Edit Permissions".
    3. If any permissions are set to "Deny" or "Default", change them to "Allow". If your device is restricted and you are unable to do this, or if you just want to set the minimum permissions needed for vlingo, see the section below entitled "Minimum Required Permissions".
    4. Press your Menu key and choose "Save".
    5. In some cases, you will now see the following message:

"Permissions have become more restrictive"

And you will be asked to reboot the device. This is a BlackBerry bug, and means you will need to follow a few more steps to get everything working. If you did not see this message, you should be all set. If you saw it:
    6. Tell it to reboot (or remove the battery and replace it).
    7. After the device has rebooted, try to run vlingo again (either by pushing the sidekey, or by clicking the icon).
    8. Now you might get another message saying that you need additional permissions. This is more of the same bug. If you don't get a message, you should be all set. If you do get a message about permissions, then you will need to repeat steps 1 through 4 above.
    9. That should do it, you should now be able to proceed with vlingo.

Minimum Required Permissions
    • Connections:
    • Phone
    • Company Network (not necessary if phone is not enterprise enabled)
    • Carrier Internet
    • WiFi (if present)

Interactions:
    • Interprocess Communication
    • Device Settings Modification
    • Media Access (Only if running BlackBerry OS version 4.3)

User Data:
    • Email/Messaging
    • PIM
    • Files
    Last edited by CaCHooKa Man; 06-25-2008 at 08:51 AM.

cuggi5 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    When I test my voice in the setup it says network timed out. Ne1 kno why?

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok I got this solved, you have go to the blackberry options from the home screen>advanced>applications>scroll to vlingo hit menu button and pick permissions>set all to allow

stevevader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F0917D
    I'm also getting network timed out message......trying a battery pull...we'll see
    Steve

PIN/ID
    20F0917D
    Nope, network timeout error on my 8320 and 8300. I'm Using the latest OS (no betas)..........any suggestions??
    Steve

PIN/ID
    20F0917D
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot Lucky13mt
    Steve

leedslad1981 no está en línea Stack level 2
    hi, i have downloaded and am just going through setup. i have a problem - it wont find my network settings - and i cant find anywhere to set these ? any ideas ?

Hannon no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
    Ok I got this solved, you have go to the blackberry options from the home screen>advanced>applications>scroll to vlingo hit menu button and pick permissions>set all to allow
    Thanks, tried all that, everything is set to allow, i've done a soft rest then did a full battery pull then i deleted & re-installed...still getting the same Company Network permission query when in on BIS & not BES.....most odd indeed.

llzel no está en línea Stack level 2
    Im on a BES and am getting 3 errors, phone, internet carrier, and company network. All are set to prompt. I dont have the option for allow. Am I out of luck?

PIN/ID
    20F0917D
    Well, nothing has worked so far. Still getting timeout error check network. I have only seen one other comment with same error......not sure what I may be doing wrong.
    Steve

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast