Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 LastLast

It would be nice if you could assign this to the Send key instead of ... Smartphone News forum

jareese no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CA55F9

It would be nice...

Advertisement

It would be nice if you could assign this to the Send key instead of that dang side key. I always hit it when I take my phone out of my holster....

gregshk no está en línea Stack level 1

This is killing me

Hi all
    More problems!!!I set the desktop manager on my desktop run application loader and it only recognises the .alx and not the .COD and it says "no additional application deisigned for your device were found".Can someone help me?
    Thanks in advance Greg

shotgunJ no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am also getting the request time out.. i have

TMO
    v 4.2.1.74
    Last edited by shotgunJ; 06-26-2008 at 08:14 PM.

KarlJ no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask 4 it
    Pretty kool!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I love this app. I've been trying it since it came out but unfortunately I have to uninstall . It drained my bb battery sucks cus i really wanted to keep it

TimwS no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb VLingo, Step 4 time-out resolution

Installed today on 8700C, OS 4.2.196, AT&T and company BES. After installation I too experienced the Step 4 time-out problem. One or both of the following steps resolved it and now VLingo works: First just reboot (although not prompted by the installation). That alone may be the resolution. If not, the other step I took was to reset the firewall settings. Options -- Security Settings -- Firewall -- Status --Reset Settings. In my case I rebooted after reset firewall.

amischke no está en línea Developer

Update from vlingo

Hi, folks,

I’m writing with an update on the vlingo release. We are very excited by the number of people actively using vlingo and the response we have gotten from those users!

The vast majority of people who have downloaded the software have been able to install and use it successfully. Unfortunately, we do know that a group of you, many of whom are on the T-Mobile network, are still unable to use vlingo due to connection and “request timed out” errors. We want you to know that fixing this issue is our engineering team’s top priority. As we investigate, we are finding that the problem is more complex than originally hoped. It may take some time for us to find and verify the solution, but rest assured that we are actively working on this and pursuing all avenues to get T-Mobile users up and running.

It does appear that T-Mobile users whose BlackBerrys are WiFi-enabled are able to use vlingo over the WiFi connection; the problem seems to be limited to the mobile network. Some users on the Rogers network are also having similar connection problems.

If you are experiencing connection issues with vlingo and you have not yet contacted us, please help us out by submitting a support request here:
    http://www.vlingo.com/vlingo/contact_support.jsp.
    We will email you as we have new information and/or new versions of the software for you to try.

Thank you so much to those of you who are using vlingo, and to those of you who have tried and are sending us information to help troubleshoot the connection problems. We are delighted to have you as part of the extended vlingo family, and will keep posting here and on our web site as soon as we have new information to report.

Best,

Ali
    vlingo User Experience Team

arthur615 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~will it work on my bb pearl 81004.2.1O
    Arthurmcbride@tmo.blackberry.net

Pflugerbill no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ami,

Not entirely correct. There are many T-Mo users with wi-fi who cannot get past step 4, including me.

T-mo
    Curve 8320

Mini2Go no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mine is working fine on T-Mo 8320 4.2.2.180 over GPRS (haven't verified on EDGE).

Even so, I'm so frustrated it doesn't have bluetooth capability that I'm this close | | to deleting it.

accio5 no está en línea Stack level 1

i need a DM or .jar

im sooo sorry. i got it now thnx anyways. i should have read more before i posted. guess 15 pages wasnt enough
    Last edited by accio5; 06-30-2008 at 05:58 AM.

amischke no está en línea Developer

beta test of connection fix

To those of you experiencing connection problems with the vlingo software, thank you for your patience!

We believe we have a solution that will help most of the T-Mobile users, and we have some indication that it may help many Rogers users as well. The solution may also help users on a number of other carriers, although probably not all. At this point, we’re looking for users to beta test a fix before we release it generally.

Who should participate?

This fix is only for users who meet the following criteria:

1) Are currently experiencing connection problems. If you are getting “Request Timed Out” errors or if your BlackBerry is WiFi-enabled and you are able to use vlingo over WiFi but not over the mobile network, we want you to participate.

2) Have a data plan. Vlingo is network-based, so you need a data plan in order to use it.

If vlingo is currently running on your BlackBerry, or if you are experiencing problems unrelated to connection, this build is not for you. Should the fix prove successful, the final release will be for general use. However, this beta release is specific to users with connection problems.

I want in! What should I do?

If you are interested in participating, we need you to try out the new build and fill out a short questionnaire about how it works for you.

1) Install and try the new build
    • First uninstall the version of vlingo currently on your BlackBerry, then reboot your device. The new version will NOT work unless you first uninstall the old version.
    • Next, download the beta version from here: http://downloads.vlingo.com/apps/QATest
      This link is for OTA installation only. If you prefer to or need to download using Desktop Manager, just PM me, and I’ll send you the links to sideload the application.
    2) Fill out a short questionnaire
    The questionnaire should take no more than 5-10 minutes. You can find it here:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...QJxTQi9A_3d_3d

This questionnaire is solely for reporting results of this round of beta testing, and not for reporting general support issues. You need to fill out the questionnaire from a PC, not from your BlackBerry.

Troubleshooting

If the new build does not work for you, there are a few things you can try that may get you up and running

1) Verify your APN settings
    The software will work only if your APN settings are correct. To find your APN settings, go to BlackBerry Options > Advanced > TCP. If your carrier is T-Mobile, your settings should be:
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username for APN: (blank)
    Password for APN: (blank)

A good list of settings for other carriers can be found here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...eway_port.html

2) If your BlackBerry is WiFi-enabled, we have a known issue in the interaction between the WiFi and mobile networks
    If you find vlingo still does not work over the mobile network, try turning your WiFi off. We know this is not a permanent solution, but it may get vlingo working for you now.

After you finish troubleshooting, whether vlingo now works or you are still seeing a problem, please let us know in the questionnaire.

Contacting us
    It will be most helpful if you provide feedback via SurveyMonkey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...QJxTQi9A_3d_3d.

If you also need to email us, send a message to vlingosupport@vlingo.com. Include the word “beta” in the subject line.

What next?

We will post the results of the beta both here and on our web site. When we have a build available for general release, we will update our download links and let you know. Thank you again for all of your support and patience! We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope to have good news for you soon.

Best,

Ali and the rest of the vlingo team
    <!-- / message -->

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Going to try now.

oliegirl no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just installed the beta version above and it worked fine. Uploaded my address book very quickly and I have been able to send a few text messages. Haven't tried all the features yet, but it seems to have worked.

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
    I just installed the beta version above and it worked fine. Uploaded my address book very quickly and I have been able to send a few text messages. Haven't tried all the features yet, but it seems to have worked.
    are you on WiFi or EDGE?