Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Bolomite FW? well oops ahhaah it was meant for the post about ... Smartphone News forum

mrseal2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bolomite View Post
    FW?
    well oops ahhaah it was meant for the post about the lonely BB not getting its buttons pushed anymore. LOl. stupid mistake

when you said FW i thought you meant 'for what?'
    wow im getting confused hahah. i dont know what im responding to anymore
    Last edited by mrseal2000; 06-25-2008 at 10:24 AM.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Blackberry changing experience? WHATEVER. this was a huge letdown.

#1 - WHY can this not open Blackberry Messenger? its a native RIM app. NO excuse for this vlingo.

#2 - Do you really think anyone is going to use this if it takes 4-5 seconds to launch the address book after i say "Open Address Book". I mean really, come on, i can manually open it and have a call placed in that amount of time.

#3 - Not able to open any 3rd party applications?! nice way to come out of the gate, supporting only SOME of the native RIM apps and no 3rd party. cuz none of us use 3rd party apps huh?

i still can't believe hayden made such a big deal over this yesterday. cheap way to generate site traffic for such a non-event. this app has potential no question - but its a ways away from being a must-have app.

cj3_69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BE657
    Ugh still getting stuck on 4th step! Seriously WTF? Bleh whatevs

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here's a question that may seem silly. If I recieve a text or email, can I tell vlingo to "reply to John" instead of "message to John" or "email to John"?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle View Post

#1 - WHY can this not open Blackberry Messenger? its a native RIM app. NO excuse for this vlingo.

#2 - Do you really think anyone is going to use this if it takes 4-5 seconds to launch the address book after i say "Open Address Book". I mean really, come on, i can manually open it and have a call placed in that amount of time.

#3 - Not able to open any 3rd party applications?! nice way to come out of the gate, supporting only SOME of the native RIM apps and no 3rd party. cuz none of us use 3rd party apps huh?

i still can't believe hayden made such a big deal over this yesterday. cheap way to generate site traffic for such a non-event. this app has potential no question - but its a ways away from being a must-have app.
    That's not very fair.

This application is brought to us FREE, first of all. They could've charged, but they didn't. That is a big ^5 to them.

And it was nice enough of Hayden to go ahead and push this through for us, and post it for us to even know about it. This forum has 400k+ users, I highly doubt he needs "cheap" ways to get site traffic.

This is application is still being developed and I'm sure it will have a lot more features in the future. Once RIM releases their API to 3rd party developers, the possibilities will be endless for 3rd party application integration with BB.
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 06-25-2008 at 10:35 AM.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

yourock2425 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    Nicely put Lucky..

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    That's not very fair.

This application is brought to us FREE, first of all. They could've charged, but they didn't. That is a big ^5 to them.

And it was nice enough of Hayden to go ahead and push this through for us. This forum has 400k+ users, I highly doubt he needs "cheap" ways to get site traffic.

This is application is still being developed and I'm sure it will have a lot more features in the future.
    Thanks for that, he seemed a little over expectant.

AS for you...

You see us here at Pinstack are LUCKY to get anything. We should all be grateful for anything no matter how minuscule it may be. That does include THIS. You could have at least thanked hayden for attempting to help so many stackers. In which he did and that does include I.

netnurse31 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Amazing application! I am hoping the voice recognition gets a little better though. I have to keep an eye on my memory to see how much its effected.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    That's not very fair.

And it was nice enough of Hayden to go ahead and push this through for us. This forum has 400k+ users, I highly doubt he needs "cheap" ways to get site traffic.

This is application is still being developed and I'm sure it will have a lot more features in the future. Once RIM releases their API to 3rd party developers, the possibilities will be endless for 3rd party application integration with BB.
    FREE shouldn't mean less functionality per se.

It should be able to launch BB Msgr. There is NO excuse for that whatsoever.

Hayden knew yesterday that this would not launch until a day later, yet he chose to let people twist in the wind with words like in the coming hours. That IS a cheap way to generate traffic, regardless of users on this forum.

I agree vlingo someday could be really great, but it needs to be able to do the basics first. BB Msgr is absolutely a basic. And launch speed is another basic. Not sure why its sooooo slow to launch apps after you say "Open anything".

lukekjones no está en línea Stack level 1
    It works for me in the UK on Orange as long as I conect via wifi.

hcdemon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2152CB42

Hayden knew yesterday that this would not launch until a day later, yet he chose to let people twist in the wind with words like in the coming hours. That IS a cheap way to generate traffic, regardless of users on this forum.

I agree vlingo someday could be really great, but it needs to be able to do the basics first. BB Msgr is absolutely a basic. And launch speed is another basic. Not sure why its sooooo slow to launch apps after you say "Open anything".
    You don't like it, then don't use it! Just wait for it to be out of beta.

I belive the slow launch speed is due to our 312MHZ processors. But hey, atleast it isnt as bad as some of the other Windows Mobile devices with their 200MHZ ones.

yourock2425 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    Yeah, I hope it starts recognizing my slang real soon.. Maybe its just to early in the morning and the program is not awake yet.....

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Downloaded, will try tomorrow while I am traveling to Albany.

We can please some people all the time and none of the people all the time.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 06-25-2008 at 10:44 AM.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by hcdemon View Post
    You don't like it, then don't use it! Just wait for it to be out of beta.
    wow what a novel concept. i was just commenting on hayden's over-hype and subsequent user letdown as a result. nothing more.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast