Continental Airlines Inc. debuted its paperless boarding pass option today at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. The ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Continental Airlines launches paperless boarding pass option at ABIA

Advertisement

Continental Airlines Inc. debuted its paperless boarding pass option today at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.

The boarding pass is e-mailed as an attachment and can be accessed on PDAs like an iPhone or BlackBerry. It includes an encrypted bar code that is scanned at the security checkpoint by a federal Transportation Security Administration officer. The service doesn't work on cell phones.

Continental launched the program in December at George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, where the company is based. Austin-Bergstrom will be the seventh airport to get the technology. Delta and Northwest airlines are testing similar systems, but they are not available in Austin.

[source]

lldru32 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Awesome... But, who flys with Continental!? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mlamendella no está en línea Stack level 1
    Me! I fly Continental as much as possible. I would be thrilled not to have a piece of paper I will loose. On the other hand, I would never loose my BlackBerry!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    This sounds so nice! For anyone who has ever flown wth kids, this would be so nice!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by lldru32 View Post
    Awesome... But, who flys with Continental!? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    LOL! My husband said the same thing! In fact, he said "are they still around?"

Very popular airline in Texas... I know I flew it a lot from Dallas to Austin or Houston back in the day.

I hope this is a sign that more airlines will pick this up. I hate having to keep up with eticket or worse, paper tickets.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Samba no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by fritter View Post
    Yeah i use it all the time at Bush Airport. Its very convenient
    They are able to scan the barcode off your 8100?? I uploaded a pic of my gym membership card barcode to my 8100 but the gym scanner doesn't recognize it !! I thought it required a larger display like that of the curve or iphone!

thecircuitbox no está en línea Stack level 2
    I do fly Continental. From city to city in. Texas, and from TX to CO. Everytime I use this service people freak out. I even got a chance to ride first class a couple times because of it. Also if you do this like I do everytime you fly if your battery fails or the internet isn't working they have terminals that can print out your pass. So there are backups.
    Last edited by thecircuitbox; 08-21-2008 at 02:50 AM.