Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

1. The ability to have all flavors of IM on one interface. 2. I can't ... Smartphone News forum

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Contest #19: JiveTalk 10 license Giveaway!

Advertisement

1. The ability to have all flavors of IM on one interface.
    2. I can't think of any, it does what I want.
    3. I found out about JiveTalk through the pinstack forums.
    4. I have installed googletalk, yahoo messenger and the TMO oz.
    5. ~20 contacts

58vette no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3049D993

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow alot of great replies so far and here i come being repetitve with my answers so my apologies for that but i hope you find the info you were wanting.
    1. As a somewhat newbie and showing everyone i know it is the ease of signing into all accounts and having them all there in one place.
    2.Well alot of great ideas have been shared as what to improve but i would love to see a way where i could see pics thru here when im chatting with other jeepers and sending pics i hate having to go out to my email and then back.
    3. PINSTACK of course
    4. BB messenger and yim but never use them anymore and i have tried almost all of the different im's for the blackberry and regardless im staying with jivetalk (no sucking up intended...ok maybe a little)
    5.About 25 but only really chat with around 5 or so regurally.
    6.Yes, a boobie prize will be fine if im not chosen

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile Re: Contest #19: JiveTalk 10 license Giveaway!

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    1. Describe your favorite JiveTalk feature?
    2. Describe one feature you think is needed or needs improvement?
    3. How did you find out about JiveTalk?
    4. What other IM software do you have installed on your BlackBerry?
    5. Approximately how many IM contacts do you have combined? (NOT including PIN contacts)
    1. I like the ability to change the im window text color parts. It is much easier on my eyes then any other client.

2. More full integration into the os, meaning... That if you have bb messenger or google talk loaded on your blackberry, if you go to the messages area of all the way to the top and click the menu button or the trackball, there should be an added option for "New Instant Message" when you click that, your choices are blackberry messenger, google talk... that is all... Yahoo client wasn't as nice to not add this integration into the folds of the os. There should be a Jivetalk IM option, that brings up Jivetalk. Also, should support newer transports including myspace im, skype if possible.

3. I learned about it from pinstack beta thread.

4. I have yak-on installed, I helped softcentral with beta testing. I also have Blackberry Messenger.

5. about 50 or so. If you add myspace contacts... its over 150

Thanks for having such a contest.

hollow428 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404E5E5

1. Multi im
    2. Graphics
    3. Pinstack
    4. Bb messenger
    5. 35
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

railz no está en línea Stack level 2

Describe your favorite JiveTalk feature?

I could go on for pages about how it can connect to all your IM accounts at once, or how Jivetalk can cacade all your chats and new incoming messages, but I simply love the fact that it works!.

How many of us have tried that god-awful Oz IM system and then flinched at its bugs and the horror or realization that our SMS bill will go through the roof? No more battery pulls, no more missed messages! My favorite feature is simply that it works!.

Describe one feature you think is needed or needs improvement?

I think the biggest thing most people would want would be file functionality, or open transports for systems such as Skype.

How did you find out about JiveTalk?

I found out about Jivetalk through this forum; I came here asking about a problem with Oz Messenger (it was my first post here) and was directed to try Jivetalk. I love it! Here's the first post I made as proof! Clicky.

What other IM software do you have installed on your BlackBerry?

Just the standard BBmessenger now! I uninstalled that Oz abomination as soon as I figured out how to do it!

Approximately how many
    IM contacts do you have combined? (NOT including PIN contacts)

Combined I have around 275 contacts spread across the major messengers (I use them all).
    Last edited by railz; 06-02-2007 at 12:19 PM.

BrianFeinzimer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Thumbs up Re: Contest #19: JiveTalk 10 license Giveaway!

• Honestly, the fact I can multi task on the BlackBerry and still have JiveTalk alert me without interrupting what I may be doing, I came from a Treo and the VeriChat was always intrusive. I love being able to IM fast and efficiently.
    • In JiveTalk 0.9.2, I wished for a cleaner Preferences page and more options in terms of themes. I am downloading 1.0.0 though so we'll see how it goes.
    • Through the PinStack forums.
    • None.
    5. Approximately how many IM contacts do you have combined? (NOT including PIN contacts)

Bicho.mm0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2055FA8F

First, BIS-B Support since with BIS i dont spend money in Carrier APN?

I think all of the program is OK!!! Avatars hahah...

From PINSTACK.COM

Now i have BB Messenger and JiveTalk (trying).. I think JiveTalk is the best (MSN Messenger, Google Talk, ....) BIS-B Support.

Before JiveTalk, i was using Google Talk (Jabber) Transport for MSN Messenger.
    And y tried IM+ but its a really bad instant messenger... never logged in in my msn because a lot of contacts.. and jivetalk works very fast to log in....

About 340

Thank You in Advance!

Scarlett no está en línea Stack level 1

How did you find out about JiveTalk? PinStack
    What other IM software do you have installed on your BlackBerry? None
    Approximately how many IM contacts do you have combined? (NOT including PIN contacts) Only one

This is the first I have hear of JiveTalk and would think it would be cool to use. I haven't used IM on my Pearl but this sounds like something that would be useful.
    Scarlett
    Granny's Wear Pearls Too!

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3

1. I found out about Jive Talk via Pinstack.
    2. The coolest feature within the program (obviously) is the ability to incorporate several messenger services (accounts). 3. It would be awesome if Blackberry Messenger could also be integrated into Jive Talk.

blackwilly no está en línea Stack level 2

- multi login

- nothing - this is awesome! hmmm, can you add BBMessenger accounts?

- pinstack baby!

- GTalk; Yahoo; BB Messenger - they all are no where near

48 - appox.
    ___
    BW

mortys11 no está en línea Stack level 2

3. found here on pinstack
    4. bb mesenger
    5. 11

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

I really like buddypounce
    1. Describe one feature you think is needed or needs improvement?
    Can't think of one!
    1. How did you find out about JiveTalk?
    This forum.
    1. What other IM software do you have installed on your BlackBerry?
    None!
    1. Approximately how many IM contacts do you have combined? (NOT including PIN contacts)
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

zippys no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

1. My favorite jive talk feature is that it uses data not sms per use and that jive talk has a great great customer service far the best I ever see on a BB aftermarket I email them a question and got back an answer within hours not days. And when they asked me for my password to fix the problem I trussed them. Customer Service is the work to go.

2. one feature it needs or to improvement is that on the yahoo chatting side it need to support cross chat like yahoo and msn in one right now it don’t have that feature yahoo plus msn.

3. I find out jive talk on pinstack when it was still beta testing and I email them for link to download and guess what customer service email me be with in 1 hour I was like WOW I like this app. /team

4. Nothing else jive talk kick *** all and cheap

5. 150 ppl

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987

I love the fact that JiveTalk allows me to turn off notifications whenever it is in the foreground. That's one aspect of BB Messenger that annoys me, having to feel it vibrate while I am conversating with a 'buddy'.
      JiveTalk needs to be able to fix me breakfast. On a more serious note though, what with the Cellular providers offering unlimited sms text messages it *might* not be long before SMS becomes another form of IMing. I know Blackberry shows you the last few text messages you've sent to someone along with their replies however maybe if JiveTalk did this and had a log of all conversations between you and the other person and gave text messaging a more IM feel(emotes etc) then that could be a useful addition for the future.
      I found out about JiveTalk right here on the PinStack forums. I was looking for a way to connect to MSN that used data instead of sms and had heard about IM+ but didn't want to pay since I was a new BB user at the time. The beta of JiveTalk was right up my alley and as an added bonus it offered connectivity to Aim and Yahoo also.
      I only have BB messenger and JiveTalk installed on my BB currently. I've tried the other lone IM clients from RIM however some don't even work anymore and the yahoo client needs some tinkering to be able to use with Cingular. JiveTalk just needed to be installed and it worked from day 1.
      I have 246 Aim/Yahoo/Msn contacts currently.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    1) My favorite feature is being able to finally use AIM, ICQ and MSN on my BB and take my SK3 off my plan to save myself some money on my bill.

2) I would love the ability to buzz/ping your contacts like in Yahoo or BB Messenger. I found myself looking for it one day to remind contacts I was still online LOL

3) PinStack. I had the program once before but deleted it because I didn't like multiple Instant Messenger clients before.

4) RIM's versions of AIM, MSN, ICQ, Yahoo, Google Talk Messengers. I also had the TMobile OZ bundle which I just deleted the other day.

5) Somewhere close to 200.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast