Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ LOL @ the patience thing. Guess most of ... Smartphone News forum

mettleh3d no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LOL @ the patience thing. Guess most of us aren't as virtuous as you, nor do e want to flaunt it if We are, LOL .

And MJ- yes, I paid full price for my curve since I really do like bb's that much. I am just tired of hearing "soon, soon"...either you put it out or you don't. It has nothing to do with patience or lack thereof. It has nothing to do with understanding or not what you are buying- it has everything to do with getting frustrated that a company such as RIM is playing these games. Any longer of a wait and I am quite sure that many people will go to other smart phones who have the document capabilities that RIM is holding back on as well as other perks that they are holding back.
    If you feel RIM has personally alienated YOU, then buy another smartphone. Record your videos for youtube users to ignore. When the update is finally released upon the troves of patient stackers, you can pick your BB back up and record your videos for youtube users to ignore.

I and many others probably have no idea how difficult it is to stress test and OS before its intended release. Buggy software is only going to elicit more complaints and lawsuits so why deal with X million BB users when a few weeks/months can shave that number to just a fraction.

If people decide to leave en masse due to the tardiness of this OS, understand that RIM already has your money. In fact, this OS update seems so impressive, I believe they'd excite and draw another bigger crowd to replace the unfaithful.

You have nothing to gain by whining and nothing to lose by waiting. (you never had 4.5, so you never lost it)

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    LOL....enjoy your second post mettle??? You crack me up!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    What I've learned about RIM in such a short time is, that's how they roll up there in Waterloo. From the much awaited releases to blackouts and everything in between. They are very tight lipped about the information that flows out of there. Yes, it can be very frustrating indeed.

All I can say is RIM is the real deal (of course you knew this already) and if we can just be patient, we will all be glad we came on board. I wouldn't want to be in the "other camp". They've got issues that are a bit more serious at this point. I just read where they have already hacked the iphone 2.0 firmware that's not even out until June. They have a whole "community" of hackers over there that apparently aren't happy with the way there iphones are suppose to work.

Steve Jobs had better wake up.......
    How is their hacking any different than the hacks that BB users do? It's not that they aren't happy (though I am sure most of them are) it's about the thrill of hacking. Man, if I could do it, I would. It's enjoyable to see that you can improve on something that is out there and make it better. Why is that so wrong? When my husband first got the iphone he wasn't displeased with ANYTHING and he left the Curve for the iPhone...there wasn't anything wrong with the iPhone...it was great and flawless when it first came out.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    OMG, there's some heartfelf emotions going on in here. I've jumbed ship before. And I screamed out for a liferaft. My BB is my connection to the world. And I won't ever leave it. It provides connectivity to my client base that any other smartphone just dosent. In fact, I'm so addicted that I keep switching back and forth from the curve to my 8700, cause I don't want one of them to be jealous of one another! Buck up, good things ARE worth waiting for! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mettleh3d View Post
    I and many others probably have no idea how difficult it is to stress test and OS before its intended release. Buggy software is only going to elicit more complaints and lawsuits so why deal with X million BB users when a few weeks/months can shave that number to just a fraction.
    If this is the case then wonderful. Makes sense to push 4.5 through every test RIM can and release a clean OS upgrade a bit later. Has this been confirmed? My only issue is that there seems to be nothing to go on except rumor after failed rumor. Give us something and the issue goes away.

LOL....enjoy your second post mettle??? You crack me up!
    Sorry, I frequent BBforums but it's down. Well, post count ≠ logical intelligence, but for your case, I can spare you some sympathy.
    Last edited by mettleh3d; 03-13-2008 at 03:24 PM.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by mettleh3d View Post
    Sorry, I frequent BBforums but it's down. Well, post count ≠ logical intelligence, but for your case, I can spare you some sympathy.

Keep it coming---cause I love to laugh! And right now, you are making me do just that! LOL!

A rabbi walks into a bar...

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Ok guys can we keep this on topic and respectful or this thread will be closed, thanks.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    How is their hacking any different than the hacks that BB users do? It's not that they aren't happy (though I am sure most of them are) it's about the thrill of hacking. Man, if I could do it, I would. It's enjoyable to see that you can improve on something that is out there and make it better. Why is that so wrong? When my husband first got the iphone he wasn't displeased with ANYTHING and he left the Curve for the iPhone...there wasn't anything wrong with the iPhone...it was great and flawless when it first came out.
    Of course it's different. Are they "hacking" because they can??? In some cases, maybe but that's Apple's fault. In the majority of cases it's because something is "missing" from their phone. I can agree with you to an certain extent. Some hacks are worthwhile. But when the beta software is hacked before it even becomes final, doesn't that in some way defeat the whole intent of the OS in the first place. If your firmware is getting hacked before it goes final, you still didn't get it right.

Aren't the consumers saying, "hey, we don't like this.....and why didn't you put that in the OS??....And why can't this phone do that??" I mean come on....when you can't even complete a common function like copy and paste, do you think this will NOT frustrate the masses?? That's just ridiculous. What were they thinking???

You can't save pictures from an email?? No custom ringtones..?? When someone buys a $700 phone, shouldn't some of the basic necessities of a phone be prevalent?? This is why the iphone gets hacked. It was rushed to market and everyone paid for the "Wow Factor". It's a beautiful phone, I will not lie but when consumers are dissatisfied, they will hack......

And yes, there are two sides to this argument.....

PIN/ID
    No really---it is an Apple product afterall. Anyone familiar with Apple knows that they dont allow other people to make applications and they want to control the money market....therefore, the inability to MAKE things for the phone and the drive for apps. If someone knew how to make office to go or the video work through hacking on the BB I am sure it would have been done. That arguement can go both ways. I mean, dont we all hack for the themes because we feel the phone is missing something??? Why provide a certain theme to one carrier and not another?

And all those arguments that you posed in regard to the pictures, and the ring tones----same can be said (and has in this post) about the video recording----people knew it wasn't possible when they bought the phone; in some peoples opinions, too bad so sad. Not that I agree.

puertoricokris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    LOL I actually laughed while reading all that..

I just want this update cuz it will also allow for the SlingBerry

I called slingbox asking when the slingbox app will be released for the bb and they said as soon as your device can stream video....soooo HURRY UP RIM! btw my friend has the slingmedia thing on his phone and it looks awsome

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this thread is halarious to read. I am just ready for the new improvements as well.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok, that's just bits and pieced of an article right?

***Edit***
    Ok, read the article...and though it does say "later this year" for 4.5...It doesn't say how much later. If it's not out by mid-March though (read, a week or two) I am switching to the Treo. I need the video recorder. LOL. I'm not waiting.

T-mobile's 8120 wil have video record. Its running on the 4.3 software.

AWERTH no está en línea Stack level 1
    hello
    i have a 8320 CURVE
    I would like to get the link to download the new firmware 4.5
    I read that we can make capture video with it
    thank a lot
    awerth@free.fr

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast